1.25mg finasteride

Jayster

Reaction score
Ive been on 1.25mg finasteride (daily) for about 3 weeks now and im already noticing myself shed. I know this can be normal but not too sure. Does anybody seem to have any problems taking 1.25mg as apposed to 1mg?

CCS

Reaction score
I highly doubt your body can tell the difference between 1.25mg and 1mg. They are almost the same.

bababooey

Established Member
Reaction score
There is no significant difference between 1.25mg and 1mg. Your initial shedding is normal, keep at it.
Many doctors recommend cutting Proscars into quarters to save money.

Considering upping my propecia to 0.5mg from my current 0.25mg dose, I've been on 0.25mg for about 3 months and I'm not seeing much progress.

CCS

Reaction score
bababooey said:

Really? I had to give that idea to my doctor. My brother's doctor insisted on propecia. I'm surprised Merk does not complain about royalty losses. But if doctors are advising it, I guess it is all legal. There is just the cost of the prescription, usually $60. Annoying. That or take your chances with internet stuff, which mostly is good, but just worrysome.

Jayster

Reaction score
CCS said:
bababooey said:

Really? I had to give that idea to my doctor. My brother's doctor insisted on propecia. I'm surprised Merk does not complain about royalty losses. But if doctors are advising it, I guess it is all legal. There is just the cost of the prescription, usually $60. Annoying. That or take your chances with internet stuff, which mostly is good, but just worrysome.

Its about $215 a year for Proscar. I think 60 or 70 cents a day is worth not dealing with internet pharmacies and the delivery process. Unless of coarse you cant get a prescription for Proscar. I had to go to a hair loss clinic to get mine, both doctors I went to would only prescribe me Propecia.

Jayster

Reaction score
bababooey said:
There is no significant difference between 1.25mg and 1mg. Your initial shedding is normal, keep at it.

Considering upping my propecia to 0.5mg from my current 0.25mg dose, I've been on 0.25mg for about 3 months and I'm not seeing much progress.
Im curious why you only take .25 mg...