1 year update, should i quit finasteride? naked chics inside!!!!

Tommy2tyme

Reaction score
Hey whats up guys, I haven't posted in at least 6 months, but I figured I would come back and let everyone know how its going. I'm 20 years old and I've been on finasteride for a year. At the beginning I used nizoral 3 times a week, right now probably around once a week. Anyways, I almost quit using finasteride 2 or 3 times during major sheds, I am very glad I didn't. My hair (Norwood 2) seems to be as full as it was when I started finasteride with no more recession. It may be a little thinner in front, but I am sure it is holding up as least as well as it would be without finasteride. So in these regards I would say finasteride has been a success. Also, it has allowed me to stop obsessing about my hair and move on with my life.
The problem is I have have major decreases in my libido since I began finasteride. I used to be the horniest kid alive, chasin girls all over the place. Now I struggle to maintain strong erections, especially if I have got my nut off in the last 24 hours. Besides this, I swear my penis has shrunk since I began finasteride. I am not sure if this is due to the lack of rock solid erections or the medication, but I am confident it's shrinking. Unfortuantely, this is killing my drive to get the ladies in the sack knowing I am going to have to try to perform and possibly be unable too. Not to mention my shrinking penis makes me extremely self-concious. Of course, this leads to the major contradiciton of people in my position. You can either stay on finasteride, get hot girls, not be able to perform up to the best of your ability, and not desire them the same way you would. Or you can quit finasteride, go bald, be horny as hell and then get depressed that you can't pull the same level of tail that you used too.
Finally, During the summer I quit tearing them off for about a month, and the rest of the summer I very rarely beat off. I honestly noticed a large decrease in shedding not to mention my erections were better, but I would nut in like 3 minutes since it built up for so long.
So there's my story, I am sure its too much information, but whatever this is where i stand. Anyone have any advice staying on finasteride or quitting it?

imissmyhair

Reaction score
iduno its a personal choice really u need to ask yourself what matters to you more.

start going bald + great sex or keep hair + weak sex

i guess you could try lowering dose of finasteride try 1mg ever other day, .5mg daily, .25mg daily, remember 3+ months to see if its working on your hair if you change

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Similar things here - cut down to .5mg a day and seems to be still keeping hair while side effects are minimal.

Tommy2tyme

Reaction score
I am on one mg of finasteride per day. You guys have me considering taking 1 mg every other day. I think it may cut down on sides, hopefully it wouldn't increase hairloss.

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score
This is the 1st I've heard of Prtopecia making your dick shrink. ANy truth to this?

G

md2002 said:
This is the 1st I've heard of Prtopecia making your dick shrink. ANy truth to this?

I would say no.. I have been on it for 1 year and 6 monthsno problems down there at all.

i think a lot of people start to look for thinks when they start finasteride and if you are looking for something wrong chances are you will find them..

James

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
md2002 said:

There have been numerous studies pointing to what researchers call the pro-penis effect, the lastest study I have (Dec 03) see bottom graph clearly shows the 'shrinking' effect finasteride has on your 'love hammer'.

ptrial9ln.jpg

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Radio said:
md2002 said:

There have been numerous studies pointing to what researchers call the pro-penis effect, the lastest study I have (Dec 03) see bottom graph clearly shows the 'shrinking' effect finasteride has on your 'love hammer'.

Yeah, but they also developed rectums the size of CD-ROMs. :)

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
joseph49853 said:
Yeah, but they also developed rectums the size of CD-ROMs. :)

joseph49853, you should not take this kind of thing lightly (it can hurt).