10mg Oral Minoxidil and no results...

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on 10mg OM daily for around 6 months now. Not seeinf any results, not sure if i should try 15mg daily. Kind of feel its pointless though as 10mg is already very high dosage.
Whats the alternatives?

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
like really zero? i am on 10 for three month now and i can see some results in the front...
i somehow doubt there really is an alternative...

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on 10mg OM daily for around 6 months now. Not seeinf any results, not sure if i should try 15mg daily. Kind of feel its pointless though as 10mg is already very high dosage.
Whats the alternatives?
minoxidil plus tretinoin topical .
But it all depend on what you mean " Not seeing results " May be it is working, but not in the way you wanted ( example, go from a Norwood 3 to a Norwood 1-0 ) .

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
But it all depend on what you mean " Not seeing results " May be it is working, but not in the way you wanted ( example, go from a Norwood 3 to a Norwood 1-0 ) .
tried that also, didnt work... topical minoxidil didnt work for me... like the first three weeks i had regrowth, then all i got was rashes over my scalp and forehead and had to switch brands and nothing happened... didnt get worse somehow... until my crown got way worse (all while being on finasteride and later finasteride daily and dutasteride twice a week)...
now on oral min it does something, still only in the front as far as i can see (too early to tell though, also went through a shed)...

by results i mean: not getting noticeably worse^^

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
tried that also, didnt work... topical minoxidil didnt work for me... like the first three weeks i had regrowth, then all i got was rashes over my scalp and forehead and had to switch brands and nothing happened... didnt get worse somehow... until my crown got way worse (all while being on finasteride and later finasteride daily and dutasteride twice a week)...
now on oral min it does something, still only in the front as far as i can see (too early to tell though, also went through a shed)...

by results i mean: not getting noticeably worse^^
Did you used tretinoin with it ? minoxidil only is not the same than minoxidil plus tretinoin. Search for the study in pubmed, 2019 .

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you used tretinoin with it ? minoxidil only is not the same than minoxidil plus tretinoin. Search for the study in pubmed, 2019 .
yeah i did that for half a year and it did nothing...
then i switched to oral min because i didnt want to loose any more hair than i was already loosing...

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on 10mg oral minoxidil just over 2 months, dramatic decrease in shedding the last 2-3 weeks.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on 10mg oral minoxidil just over 2 months, dramatic decrease in shedding the last 2-3 weeks.
get used to it^^
i didnt even notice it at first... just wondered why its getting even thinner...

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
get used to it^^
i didnt even notice it at first... just wondered why its getting even thinner...

I will get used to it I hope it continues. It's amazing when combing my hair only 2-3 strands hairs are left in the comb. Opposed to 20 sometimes prior. Or when drying my hair & shaking the towel not seeing 25+ hair strands in the shower. It's so rejuvenating to see

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score

You were so adamant oral minoxidil was useless. Now have you changed your opinion?

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil increases initial shedding.

However I have found a compound that stops shedding almost immediately at least for me.

That compound is melatonin.

But note. Oral melatonin did nothing for me after a 6 month trial.

However topical melatonin stopped my shed within 3 days.

I was losing up to 50 hairs a day, and went to an average of 1 hair a day (sometimes 3, sometimes 0”), within a week.

I have however not experienced any regrowth from melatonin, not yet anyway (although I did from min/dutasteride), but my shedding has stopped.

I have never experienced such a drastic cessation in hair loss.

Although I use a combination of treatments, this was the only new compound in close to 18 months.

I have stopped using it for 2 weeks and the shed has returned.

But when I apply it at least once every 2 days, there is no more shed.

Furthermore, I have Androgenetic Alopecia + retrograde alopecia, so my sides and back are very thin. So I was shedding all over my scalp, including vertex, crown, occipital (side hair) and nape (back hair).

And my shedding stopped on all regions of my scalp.

If anyone wants to try it, message me directly. I want to see if others get the same results as I do.

All I ask is you try it for 2 weeks and report the results back to me. What I am looking for is cessation of shed, not hair regrowth.

So if you are a massive shedder, give this a go and help the brotherhood determine how effective it is in general.

Of course my result could be unique. But if it works for many other men (and women), it could be an exciting new addition to the big 3.

Let me know if you are interested in trialing it.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any of ya'll that used Oral Minoxidil especially at such high doses have any side effects? Or did ya'll also have high blood pressure so using it was ideal to kill 2 birds with one stone?

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will get used to it I hope it continues. It's amazing when combing my hair only 2-3 strands hairs are left in the comb. Opposed to 20 sometimes prior. Or when drying my hair & shaking the towel not seeing 25+ hair strands in the shower. It's so rejuvenating to see
ah yeah i got the same already with finasteride... to be honest, i never had that many hairs in my comb or wherever, thats why i was surprised when i saw my thin crown all of a sudden...

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any of ya'll that used Oral Minoxidil especially at such high doses have any side effects? Or did ya'll also have high blood pressure so using it was ideal to kill 2 birds with one stone?
zero side effects (i never have any from anything), no blood pressure issues before (im also never sick or got any other issues with my body)...

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i had the same around that time but it does come in cycles. theres been a few other sheds since then

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There was one guy on this forum i @Rysteve93 but he stopped being active on here a litte while ago as he found success with combined 10mg of OM with Spironolactone. i have reservations about taking this drug though as its looks pretty heavy. but he said he had very good regrowth