15% MINOXIDIL MAX SHED.. SOMEONE HELP!

chilli-red

Reaction score
Hello all,

im going to get straight to the point. I've been trying to find a solution for a long time now and due to certain complications including a sensitive scalp and seborrhearic dermatitis i took the plunge went for minoxidil max dualgen 5% (no pg). Having tried 2 bottles of it i realised it wasnt doing much so opted for the 15% version. I was on my second bottle before experiencing a sebheorric dermatitis flare which meant i had to stop treatment and get the dermatitis under control.

Anywhoo due to shortage my usual topical steroid was not available which played havoc with my scalp. The time scale it took to get my dermatitis under control was about 2 months. During this time i did not apply any minoxdil.

once i had got it under control I decided to resume my regimen. Dualgen 15% and nizoral. What a mistake. Within a week of using min i experienced a massive shed.
My hairline has been shot to ****. I see terminal hairs everywhere, pillow, shower, even when lightly combing. I'm used to shedding, ive seen it before but not like this.

my left temple has receded rapidly and now my right is following suit. What should i do? Do i start on a lower dose of min or am i just not responding to min at all?

Please guys this is just killing me.

chilli-red

Reaction score
So no one then? No one with their infinite wisdom on the most comprehensive hairloss website on the net.

Bowser

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using the same 15% for four months now and i would say that i too have experienced the same thing. i apply 5% day time and the 15 at night. it worked good to begin with but recently there is more shedding. Im no expert but i feel the sticky nature of it may be blocking the regaine from absorbing even tho i rinse my hair everyday and nizoral twice a week- its hard to get the residue right off. Im going back to the tried and tested 5% twice a day most days and the 15 only now and again as i think it prob does work but my scalp needs a rest! hope that's helpful.

chilli-red

Reaction score
Hey bowser, glad to hear im not the only one experiencing this disastarous episode. well i use nizoral 3 x a week to control my flaky scalp. I've been doing this regime for about 6 months.
Yeh i noticed the residue aswell. Are you on finasteride or anything? I know im fighting a losing battle but i refuse to go on to finasteride. do you use 5% minoxidil max or another brand? Im thinking of reverting back to 5% aswell but i'm really confused on what would be the best course of action.

Bowser

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah I've been using finasteride for a year. with regards to the 5% i use good old rogaine liquid as its the only one i trust. the first two years using it were just awesome in terms of results. ireally think some of these 15% solutions give a sort of cosmetic thickening. after a week only using the 5, i applied the 15 last night and after water rinse this morning my hair looks much thicker! I've read the same finding by other users in these web sites. Im definitely going back to the 5% twice a day for a while. ill keep you posted.

asdf1234

Established Member
Reaction score
What the heck do terminal hairs look like? Please post pics

WarLord

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

im going to get straight to the point. I've been trying to find a solution for a long time now and due to certain complications including a sensitive scalp and seborrhearic dermatitis i took the plunge went for minoxidil max dualgen 5% (no pg). Having tried 2 bottles of it i realised it wasnt doing much so opted for the 15% version. I was on my second bottle before experiencing a sebheorric dermatitis flare which meant i had to stop treatment and get the dermatitis under control.

Anywhoo due to shortage my usual topical steroid was not available which played havoc with my scalp. The time scale it took to get my dermatitis under control was about 2 months. During this time i did not apply any minoxdil.

once i had got it under control I decided to resume my regimen. Dualgen 15% and nizoral. What a mistake. Within a week of using min i experienced a massive shed.
My hairline has been shot to ****. I see terminal hairs everywhere, pillow, shower, even when lightly combing. I'm used to shedding, ive seen it before but not like this.

my left temple has receded rapidly and now my right is following suit. What should i do? Do i start on a lower dose of min or am i just not responding to min at all?

Please guys this is just killing me.

You were losing your minoxidil-dependent hair. Now you hopefully know it already. You needed to stick with 15% minoxidil immediately.