17 Month Update

bombscience

Reaction score
What to do, what to do? Without sounding like a broken record, I continue to thin front to back after 17 months of treatment.

Right now I take both Finasteride and Dutasteride. There are no signs of gyno, and yes I can get it up like a champ. In the mornings I apply 5% PG-Free Xandrox, and at nights I apply 15% Xandrox. Folligen is used about 2 times a week just for scalp health, and I use Nizoral between 3 and 4 times a week.

The result?

The thinnest my hair has ever been. I never saw results over the first year and my head always itched. I quit minoxidil back in may and I lost a ton of hair. Stupidly, at the same time I began Dutasteride. 2 months later when I realized that the huge shed I was experiencing was from stopping minoxidil I talked to Dr. Lee about my situation and he said to begin 15% and hope for the best.

3 months later, my shedding has slowed a bit, but I still lose a lot of hair that is thick at the tip and thin at the roots. My front is thinning the fastest now, with the back slowly going. I've heard Dutasteride causing an increase in frontal loss with some people and I hope I'm not in that boat.

I'll be posting pictures by the end of the week. Please comment on my regimen below.

Code:
Date    Treatment                                                 Result

10/02 - Began Thinning?
01/03 - Noticed Loss
05/03 - Visited First Derm - Rogaine
06/03 - Rogaine + Nioxin                                          Very Irritated - Scalp bled
07/03 - Visited Second Derm - Propecia
07/03 - PG Free minoxidil + Propecia                                  Shedding, No more PPG
08/03 - PG Free minoxidil + Propecia + Saw Palmetto                   Shedding
09/03 - PG Free minoxidil + Propecia + Saw Palmetto + Folligen        Shed Slowed, Still a bit irritated
10/03 - PG Free minoxidil + Propecia + Saw Palmetto + Folligen        Pre-treatment hairs lost per day
11/03 - PG Free minoxidil + Propecia + Saw Palmetto + Folligen        Loss Slowed a bit, still irritated
12/03 - PG Free minoxidil + Propecia + Folligen                       Quit Saw P cause of mood swings, loss increases a bit
01/04 - PG Free minoxidil + Propecia + Folligen                       Still irritated, loss not huge
02/04 - PG Free minoxidil + Propecia + spironolactone 2%                       Thinning continues slowly
03/04 - PG Free minoxidil + Propecia + Folligen + spironolactone 2%            Thinning continues slowly
05/04 - PG Free minoxidil + Propecia + Folligen + spironolactone 2%            Thinning continues slowly, still irritated
06/04 - Propecia + Dutasteride + spironolactone 2% + spironolactone 5% + Folligen   Quit minoxidil because of irritation, add generic dutasteride
07/04 - Propecia + Dutasteride + spironolactone 5% + Folligen              Adjustment to dutasteride felt, huge shed
08/04 - Propecia + Dutasteride + Xandrox 15% + 5% + Folligen      Huge shed
09/04 - Propecia + Dutasteride + Xandrox 15% + 5% + Folligen      Still shedding, hardly any irritation
10/04 - Propecia + Dutasteride + Xandrox 15% + 5% + Folligen      Shedding slows a bit, itching picks up again.

Resultsnottypical

Established Member
Reaction score
Bomb, my man Bomb...I have been reading your posts for a long time now brother...sorry about the situation...I do wonder at this point, how do you have any hair left? Seems like you are constantly losing it no matter what you try.

Have you even CONSIDERED shaving your head? I ask because I do, with a razor.

Just wondering if giving this all up might work too, especially financially.

bombscience

Reaction score
Resultsnottypical said:
Bomb, my man Bomb...I have been reading your posts for a long time now brother...sorry about the situation...I do wonder at this point, how do you have any hair left? Seems like you are constantly losing it no matter what you try.

Have you even CONSIDERED shaving your head? I ask because I do, with a razor.

Just wondering if giving this all up might work too, especially financially.

Luckily, I caught my hairloss right at the beginning and had a thick head of hair to begin with. I've only been losing it for 2-3 years now, but I haven't found anything that has slowed it down to the point where I don't notice thinnner hair than I had 3 months earlier.

I will try to shave soon. I'm not expecting a good result.