19 and Losing Hair fast

Tommy2tyme

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am 19 and experience heavy hair loss. Initially, I was losing around 100 hairs a day primarly in the temple region. I have moved up to losing close to 200 hairs a day all over my scalp. I started taking propecia 3 weeks ago and just recently (last few days) realized my hair is falling out much more than usual. I think it is too early to be shedding and have read in other places a small percentage of men react negatively to propecia. I am wondering if anyone has some input or has had a similar situation. Is any of this normal?? Also I have noticed it has become more difficult to achieve and maintain an erection. I have read this is a somewhat normal adjustment to the hormonal change in my body.

G

You need to be taking it for a minimum of six months before you can even begin to tell if it will work for you. I had a small problem for about 2 weeks after taking finasteride but been on it six months now and all is well. But the year mark is normally the guidline we all aim for. Only then are you sure if it has worked or not!

You are at the right agto stop your hairloss so just stick with it. It's fatel to stop and start finasteride. Keep with it and take some pics each month to compare!