19 Years Old - What Norwood Am I? How Bad Is It?

Tdc66

Reaction score
Hi
I'm new to this forum so let me introduce myself.
I am 19 years old, and first noticed my hair loss a year and a half ago.

At first I thought I was losing hair on my vortex, but part of me still thinks that because I've had it for quite some time, it may still be a cowlick. I also have balding in my family; both my dad who lost his hair in his 30's, and my maternal grandad, who started losing it in his early 20's (though my dad's brothers still have full heads of hair...)

Anyway, my hairline has definitely gotten worse to the point where I'm seriously considering taking generic finasteride - I don't have much money so can't afford the big three or normal propecia.

How bad is it? Am I norwood 1.5, 2 or worse? Could starting treatment now keep my hair for at least another 5 years? Is it too late?

Thanks

Attachments

• o2pUEoT.jpg
    o2pUEoT.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 569
  • vdel8nd.jpg
    vdel8nd.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 521
  • wGZzZox.jpg
    wGZzZox.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 589
  • YC02fa9.jpg
    YC02fa9.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 593
  • RtgK0Iw.jpg
    RtgK0Iw.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 535
Last edited by a moderator:

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your vertex and hairline are definitely thinning, sorry to tell you... For 19 that's certainly not a good sign and indicates early/aggressive male pattern baldness. The good news is that any hair lost 1-2 years ago has the potential to be restored on finasteride and minoxidil so you can potentially recover a lot of hair.

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cut your hair mate. Youll feel better instantly. Too long for the thiness.

Once cut id suspect it will look full again