1year update

G

Hey,
I started Finasteride Jan 20 2004 and i can't believe a year has already passed.
Here's some info on my situation:
19 year old slight diffuse thinning and about NW1.5 approaching NW2 for the left temple.
Treatmeant:
-Finasteride proscar 1/6 since Jan 20, 2004.
-minoxidil 5% 1x a day on left and right temples only, since the end of Feb 2004.
-T/gel shampoo and nizoral once and a while
Results:
Luckily I started treatment almost immediately after i realized i had male pattern baldness so i never got to the point were i was noticably thinning to other people. My hair density has improved, so has the quality(thickness) of my hair. My temples have filled in moderately, the right side looks as though it has never had any thinning or recession, it is perfect. The left temple has regrown moderately though not 100%. I am happy never the less. My biggest problem was the thinning on the top of my head which has halted and actually improved a bit. I wouldn't say 100% regrowth but maybe 90%. I'm very happy with my results.
Side Effects:
Well where to start. There have been few ups and down with sexual function but nothing major. i never really experienced any side effects although just recently within the past month or 2 i have been experiencing sexual side effects. I am sure of it. I am having trouble maintaing an erection and sometimes getting one without direct stimulation. WTF is going on. I don't know. Any suggestions? I might lower my finasteride dosage to 0.5mg. I think the sexual disfuction is largely psychological. Don't know for sure.

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
badasshairday said:
Hey,
I started Finasteride Jan 20 2004 and i can't believe a year has already passed.
Here's some info on my situation:
19 year old slight diffuse thinning and about NW1.5 approaching NW2 for the left temple.
Treatmeant:
-Finasteride proscar 1/6 since Jan 20, 2004.
-minoxidil 5% 1x a day on left and right temples only, since the end of Feb 2004.
-T/gel shampoo and nizoral once and a while
Results:
Luckily I started treatment almost immediately after i realized i had male pattern baldness so i never got to the point were i was noticably thinning to other people. My hair density has improved, so has the quality(thickness) of my hair. My temples have filled in moderately, the right side looks as though it has never had any thinning or recession, it is perfect. The left temple has regrown moderately though not 100%. I am happy never the less. My biggest problem was the thinning on the top of my head which has halted and actually improved a bit. I wouldn't say 100% regrowth but maybe 90%. I'm very happy with my results.
Side Effects:
Well where to start. There have been few ups and down with sexual function but nothing major. i never really experienced any side effects although just recently within the past month or 2 i have been experiencing sexual side effects. I am sure of it. I am having trouble maintaing an erection and sometimes getting one without direct stimulation. WTF is going on. I don't know. Any suggestions? I might lower my finasteride dosage to 0.5mg. I think the sexual disfuction is largely psychological. Don't know for sure.
You could try .5 mg. and see if the sides clear up. Some say that it does. Give it a whirl.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Bump for success

muii

Established Member
Reaction score
didnt you get real bad gyno as one of the sides? I think you posted pics not too long ago..

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
when did you start noticing decent regrowth especially at the temples and front of the hairline? was it early on? or not until later in the treatment?

did you have ups and downs before your success? just trying to gauge where i am at, and if i still have a chance for success. (i just finished month 5)

G

VICCI said:
didnt you get real bad gyno as one of the sides? I think you posted pics not too long ago..

No, that was BadasshairDECADE. I am badasshairDAY. The only sides i feel i had/have are ups and down in libido. Just recently this has bothered me, hopefully it subsides.

Trent said:
when did you start noticing decent regrowth especially at the temples and front of the hairline? was it early on? or not until later in the treatment?

did you have ups and downs before your success? just trying to gauge where i am at, and if i still have a chance for success. (i just finished month 5)

I started noticing regrowth on the temples about a month after adding minoxidil. That was month 3 on finasteride. I noticed the frontal area other than the temples(so this would be all due to fina) start to improve probably around month 5. It's a real roller coaster i telll you. Some days i felt it was really improving and others seemed like it was worse than ever. After about month 8 though, i was certain it was getting better. At month 6 i felt like i had made some progress though.