2% minoxidil qestion

G

see my problem is my hair is worse where I was applying the 2% minoxidil in the font where my bangs are. I am hopping that because I was not using enough % of minoxidil as well as not using it enough times a day that this damage is reversible.
That’s what cassin and I talked about and why on his advice I am not adding anything to my regiment and am going to give it at least 6 to 7 months before I judge it.

My story for those who may not know.

Just after my 27th birthday I noticed “ or I thought I didâ€

Petchsky

Reaction score
My starting out into hairloss was a simmilar story - i went to some shitty clinic and saw some old women who warned me off propecia and said what i needed was minoxidil as it did not mess with my hormones, incidently it was also what she sold. did the minoxidil, saw no improvement, dropped it, went on propecia and shed like a motherfucka... my reason for for that rant was i believe your going through the exact same thing but given time it will yeild results... i too was developing a bald patch after the shedding.

G

my qestion

What I want to know, is it possible for minx to damage follicles because my main thinning is where I was applying the minx and the areas directly around it so as of now they look the worse for ware.

Petchsky

Reaction score
There more than likely the areas that were thinning the most. When you shed the areas that look worse are the thin areas as they get even thinner through shedding. minoxidil won't damage your follicles...otherwise no one would use it. As long as your using a anti inflammatory and washing your hair regular enough there is no reason for your hair to get worse

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, but what if you are allergic to ppg? Many people are. That bring up a question- if someone is allergic to ppg just how irritating is it? Perhaps sufficient enough to influence the autoimmune component of male pattern baldness?

I could be revealing some vast ignorance here, hopefully someone will respond :)