2 months on propecia.. Only one question/problem

to_prevent

Reaction score
After slowly seeing my hair become more and more diffused on my crown area i decided to start using finasteride and nizoral 1%. So far everythings fine. My hair is noticeably fuller on top where i was having problems and i havent had any side effects worth mentioning.

I do have one concern/question. I think my temples are receding slightly now??? I never had this problem until i started using finasteride. So far its only slight and is manageable. Im wondering why this is happening and if it will stop? Id hate to have to stop using finasteride because the results on top of my head are amazing.

Also can anyone recommend a way to deal with this or will it eventually stop on its own?. I was thinking maybe of applying minoxidil on my temples. Will this help?

G

This may well be a temporary shed at the temples, two months is way too early to make an assesment.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree that it might be a temporary shed.

But you also have to keep in mind a shitty fact that I am dealing with right now, which is that you usually notice you are losing hair a little bit after you began to lose it, and it can be a slippery slope. Once it starts, it keeps going. The treatments just slow it down.

Anyway, been on finasteride for a year now, and I am noticing receding/thinning in the temples, too. It is going slowly, but surely.

However, I don't think that finasteride was the cause of this thinning.

Don't mean to bring you down. Just try to stay positive. Good luck.

to_prevent

Reaction score
thanks guys. Im not worried yet. I know its only been 2 months. The only reason i can see results this early is because i shaved my head to check. I just thought it was odd that my temples would suddenly start thinning. I guess its maybe a coincidence and not related to the finasteride. But i had heard that finasteride increases your normal testerone levels and this can sometimes cause thinning at the temples. Maybe im misinformed.

Anyways, as long as i can keep most of what i have now ill be happy.