2 Months since FUE procedure. 2,371 grafts. CONCERNED...is this normal? Will it heal?

Gingy

My Regimen
Reaction score
So my concern is that this Pinkness/Redness/Agitated Skin is going to be permanent and not going away. I have stopped the 7% Minoxadil spray that I was recommended for twice daily usage as I think that is clearly what is burning my skin. It feels like it looks - itchy, dry, stinging. Been applying Aloe Vera Gel multiple times a day. NO sun exposure, always covered. Drink gallon of water a day. 1 shower a day at this point. Followed post procedure guidelines very closely.
I feel like I cannot do anything right now because this is so obvious...I would be fine going in public with a buzzed head look IF this red/pink/nasty outline wasn't there.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Will this area go back to my normal skin tone and blend in?
OR even when hair grows is this what my scalp will look like...has anyone experienced that?
Any recommendations to get this healed and expedited back to my normal skin tone?

tempImageu396vU.jpg
tempImage2OGqOF.jpg
tempImageM44B15.jpg

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I still have a slight red skin complexion where my transplant was, especially after exercising. I think it's normal for Caucasians

Andrew11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh yeah this is normal, at two months i was still very red and at 4 months it has definitely improved but i still have the redness! Your doctor should tell you the same.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So my concern is that this Pinkness/Redness/Agitated Skin is going to be permanent and not going away. I have stopped the 7% Minoxadil spray that I was recommended for twice daily usage as I think that is clearly what is burning my skin. It feels like it looks - itchy, dry, stinging. Been applying Aloe Vera Gel multiple times a day. NO sun exposure, always covered. Drink gallon of water a day. 1 shower a day at this point. Followed post procedure guidelines very closely.
I feel like I cannot do anything right now because this is so obvious...I would be fine going in public with a buzzed head look IF this red/pink/nasty outline wasn't there.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Will this area go back to my normal skin tone and blend in?
OR even when hair grows is this what my scalp will look like...has anyone experienced that?
Any recommendations to get this healed and expedited back to my normal skin tone?

View attachment 149837View attachment 149838View attachment 149839
At what clinic/doctor did you have your procedure done?

Gingy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I still have a slight red skin complexion where my transplant was, especially after exercising. I think it's normal for Caucasians
Okay, that's good to know either way. I was really hoping it would subside and blend in so that I could go with a shorter buzzed look even when the new hair came in. But right now it's just the patience for the hair to actually come in...as this is so obvious when I go out, I hate wearing hats...a check out guy with thinning hair was like, "find all you needed? Hair transplant?" haha! Thanks for responding.

Gingy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh yeah this is normal, at two months i was still very red and at 4 months it has definitely improved but i still have the redness! Your doctor should tell you the same.
Okay thanks for the feedback. Good to know either way, and to hear from patients who've gone through it.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Not to scare you, but I think you should get it checked out by either your hair transplant doctor or a dermatologist. It still seems quite red/inflamed, even for fair skinned individuals.

Andrew11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It will more than likely return to normal, as stated i had this until month 3 and even at 4 it is still red although has improved alot. I would contact your surgeon just to ask but mine has told me it was normal and minoxidil can keep it quite red. I quit the minoxidil at month 2 and it seemed to get much better with time.

el_duterino

Reaction score
completely normal for fair skin, that's why its called the ugly duckling phase.
Red zones and bumpiness will go away once hair grow back 4-5 months after the hair transplant

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score