2 years

Axon

Reaction score
Today is the two year anniversary of the beginning of my regimen. I thought a should give a brief report. I began treatment as a Norwood 2 with thinning on the crown.

Maintainence: Total. My college roommate had a better hairline when we left school in '02, he's now a NW3.

Regrowth: Moderate. Hairline went to a Norwood 1.5 around month ten of my treatment and has stayed that way ever since. The thinning hair on my crown thickened, but the loss there is still notable under the correct lighting. However, it is not substainal and it rarely bothers me, though of course I'd like it to be perfect.

Sides effects: None to my knowledge.

Overall satisfaction, 1-10: 9. I would say, other than the total reversal of my hair back to its state when I was a teenager, I could not have asked for more.

Regimen:

1.25 mg Finasteride (Fincar) daily
1.5 ML Minoxidil 5% 1x daily
M,W,F Nizoral 2%; T-Gel for the off day

Axon

Reaction score
Deaner said:
Any signs of gyno or anything along the way?

No. As I've stated before, I had the "puffy" nipple effect, but looking back at photos from when I was 19, I've had that phenomenon for years. I just never really noticed or cared until I started Finasteride.

Once I got into the gym and lost body fat, it went away.

wheyface33

Established Member
Reaction score
Excellent, good to hear Axon. Always good to hear positive stories.

kilton

Reaction score
Axon said:

Are you saying that you use Nizoral 3 days a week and T-Gel 4 days a week? I've been wondering whether or not using a medicated shampoo every day is wise, but there don't seem to be many who've tried it.

Axon

Reaction score
kilton said:
Axon said:

Are you saying that you use Nizoral 3 days a week and T-Gel 4 days a week? I've been wondering whether or not using a medicated shampoo every day is wise, but there don't seem to be many who've tried it.

That's exactly what I'm saying. I do not have any issues with this part of my regimen, but my hair is naturally wavy and pretty easy to style.

bombscience

Reaction score
congrats axon.

in the front it seems you are a receeder... was your hair thick 1 inch behind your hairline when you began treatment? what about now?

KK

Reaction score
Nice to hear your update, it's so encouraging to read such story. Prehaps any photo? Axon.

Cheers..