20 and Balding since 17...may have a solution

ballin1781

Reaction score
So I have been trying to find a site like this to help me understand what I should do with my balding.

Basically I'm balding. I started to notice more when people noticed when I was 18. I've always shaved my head not because I was balding but because it was easy and I liked how it looked. Now as I've gotten older I've noticed it more. Recently when getting my haircut I've cut the sides short leaving the top long. It kinda covers almost everything up but at the same time its still obvious to a degree, and when its wet its even more obvious.

For a while I've been using Vitatress solutions stuff. Shampoo, scalp cream, and vitamins. Recently I've only used the shampoo and scalp cream (the cream as more of a hair gel). It really isn't giving me any solutions and I'm desperate for one!

I used to be somewhat overweight and I used to have acne. Now I'm in great shape, the acne subsided but of course I have something new to be extra self conscious of. It doesn't help that my 16 year old brother has extremely long full hair.

My dad is completely bald and according to my parents he's been bald since about 24-25, so I'm assuming I'm running out of time. I don't think my dad ever tried rogaine so thats my first thought.

Heres where I need help. Should I use Rogaine? Will it actually help if I'm balding at such a young age, and it runs in my family? I feel like only trying it would know.

But more seriously, I'm seriously considering hair restoration/hair transplant or whatever it is. How does it work and which one is the best to use? How expensive does it tend to run, and also is it painful? I keep asking questions but I need answers before its too late. You see my parents are paying for my sister to get laser hair removal from her upper lip and chin, so I feel like they would pay for this if I was serious about it.

I feel like the only guarantee to work is hair resoration or transplant. As a college student I'm home for the next three months of summer, so if I could get it done before school that would be great. How long is the recovery?

Sorry this is so long, I had a lot to say lol, but seriously any advice is greatly appreciated!!!! please respond