20 years old, considering Hair Transplant

Siliver_silver

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here. I'm considering hair transplant. I'm not exactly bald. I don't know about turning bald in the future, but non of my family is bald. The thing is, my forehead is pretty high, and it makes my hair look bad as my fringe is a little thin, not that thin. I have really low self esteem because of this.
I would just like to do a hairline.

I live in UAE, the only hair transplant clinic I've found is "Vinci Hair Clinic" in Dubai, I've read the thread in here talking about it, and I'm having second thoughts now.

The thing is, I'm very ignorant at Hair transplant surgery, so please can you tell me how the procedure should go in my case? and what are the risks to be considered? how long is it gonna take?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Forget it - come back in a few years time if you still feel the same do 6 months month of research on here.

Megnus

Reaction score
I'm 20 years also. Seriously considering hair transplant, but don't know about any doctors that would do the procedure. (any good doctors that is)

I'm going to try to get one in Bangkok, Thailand next time I visit the country. I will be around 21 then.

Siliver_silver

Reaction score
I would like to know what are the possible complications with hair transplant. especial only the hairline, what are some things I should look out for?

What are the cons of Hair transplant in general?
What are the chances of it being successful?
How does the procedure go exactly?

Thanks, and be nice, :)

DirkNowitzki

Reaction score
Megnus said:
I'm 20 years also. Seriously considering hair transplant, but don't know about any doctors that would do the procedure. (any good doctors that is)

I'm going to try to get one in Bangkok, Thailand next time I visit the country. I will be around 21 then.

I would advise against it at your age, but if you do decide to go ahead and get it done in Thailand, go with Dr. Pathomvanich. He's the best in that part of the world.

Rawtashk

Reaction score
JohnNYC said:
It would be the biggest mistake you could make.

Agree!

Don't do it at 20. What happens when the rest of your hair falls out (like it probably will) and you're left with this weird patch of hair on the front of your head? Don't do it at 20. Wait until you're old enough that your hairloss gets to the point where it stabilizes and you know where it's going to be.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
are you on a regiment? what Norwood patern are you?
As they say, choosing the dr and researching the dr's results are important.
You will find the butcher story's out there if you google the dr's and clinics that are bad. You should try the big 3 before considering surgery!!
And have a plan for future hairloss, dont think it would be fun to just have a hairline in a few years after the hair transplant.... so think about it!

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
Rawtashk said:
JohnNYC said:
It would be the biggest mistake you could make.

Agree!

Don't do it at 20. What happens when the rest of your hair falls out (like it probably will) and you're left with this weird patch of hair on the front of your head? Don't do it at 20. Wait until you're old enough that your hairloss gets to the point where it stabilizes and you know where it's going to be.

I partially agree. Doing a hair transplant is a risk espacially when not on meds. But really no point in waiting for hairloss to naturally stabilize since if a guy is balding that young there is a 90% chance he will end up at NW5+.

He sould start taking meds and if they are working for him then he should consider a hair transplant

Megnus

Reaction score
DirkNowitzki said:
Megnus said:

I would advise against it at your age, but if you do decide to go ahead and get it done in Thailand, go with Dr. Pathomvanich. He's the best in that part of the world.

Yes, I've done some research about him, and he seems like a skilled guy.

I know I maybe young, but it looks like the finasteride and minoxidil have stopped the hairloss. I think I might even start to get some regrowth. And I could always fix things later on if I use FUE, right?