21 Months Back On Finasteride And Still Shedding

Bruatar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for almost 6 years off and on..I've stopped taking it two times in the past cause I couldnt tell if it was working..I had lots of hair back then, so i really couldn't tell if it was or not. After so long though i have a lot less hair than i used to, My hair used to be real thick..and from what I've seen in the past 2 years, whatever has fallen out while being on finasteride, only some of the hairs grow back. It's been slowly gnawing at my hair.

it's been 1 year and 9 months since i started it again, and it has just slowly gotten worse, It was better back then. And i Just went through a real bad shed..I see most people have results after a year...and some say at the 2 year mark? Is it really worth staying on it any longer or would i know by now if it was really helping me?? Thanks for any help

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for almost 6 years off and on..I've stopped taking it two times in the past cause I couldnt tell if it was working..I had lots of hair back then, so i really couldn't tell if it was or not. After so long though i have a lot less hair than i used to, My hair used to be real thick..and from what I've seen in the past 2 years, whatever has fallen out while being on finasteride, only some of the hairs grow back. It's been slowly gnawing at my hair.

it's been 1 year and 9 months since i started it again, and it has just slowly gotten worse, It was better back then. And i Just went through a real bad shed..I see most people have results after a year...and some say at the 2 year mark? Is it really worth staying on it any longer or would i know by now if it was really helping me?? Thanks for any help
Not easy to reply because you will never know how much MORE hair you would have lost if you had not used finasteride.
Do you have sides? If you have no sides, just go on IMHO.

Bruatar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah that's true. No way to know. And I don't have the normal sexual side effects...Lethargy/low energy has been one though. Although i've questioned if that's just depression since I have that.

i've also begun suspecting if i've had some minor cognitive ones..I have heard that's a thing with finasteride? But not as common..Can't seem to find much information about that one though or what people experience specifically.. i don't see many people talk about it