21, receding hairline. What sort of Norwood level am I?

Xsee1

Reaction score
Hey all, I came across this website after looking for information on hairloss.

ive been losing my hair since I was 18, more so in The temple areas of my hairline. over the last 5 months I've been taking 1mg finastride tablets, propecia, which seems to have reduced the amount I shed but I'm not too sure if the baby hairs on my hairline are regrowth or dying hairs.

heres a pic I took this morning when my hair was soaking wet. What sort of Norwood level would this be? And Should I add rogaine to my regimen? ( right now it's just finasteride and nizoral once a week)

Some family info: my mothers family seem to have kept most of their hair, my mothers brothers have receded grey hair which is still quite thick but my father and my uncles are all bald which may be the cause of the hair loss.

iUdOC52l.jpg

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
you are somewhere between a 1 and 2. I would not add rogaine if you are satisfied with your hair. Its not needed to prevent further loss although it could give additional regrowth though. But is that worth the effort of applying it every day and the money? Your decision

Xsee1

Reaction score
TjwH9Qjl.jpg

Another pic of what I'm dealing with. (the hairband is where my hairline was when I was around 17. I've bought some 5% minixidil liquid, 3 months supply. Hopefully the baby hairs will grow out a little.

themiz1234

Established Member
Reaction score
...I'm not sure you need ANY treatment. It's completely normal to develop a mature hairline lol. We can't all have our baby hairlines.