21 Years Old - Hair Transplant?

dcb144

Reaction score
Hi all,

I joined the forum about 9 months ago when I first posted about my hair loss here - http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=67507. I have been on Dutasteride since then and am now thinking about getting a hair transplant.

I came across Dr. Bolton from http://greathairtransplants.com and it seems like he does good work and his representative showed me the results of some other really young men, one 19. I am currently 21.

Does anyone think getting a strip hair transplant is a bad idea so young? Supposedly this guy gets the most hair possible in a single procedure for $8000. I understand I would probably need one more of his transplants down the road, but 8k for a respectable head of hair again sounds like a great idea :D What do you guys think?

pidda

Established Member
Reaction score
I am 22 now and I find it amazing how people younger than me are considering transplants. You're making me feel old. Anyway, if you are almost positive you are at least maintaining what you have with the meds then maybe go for it. I am guessing that most people on this forum would say that you are too young for a transplant. I'd personally feel that a strip scar is a bit of a disfigurement but if you want to maximize the amount of graphs you have in one session then it is the way to go. FUE is a far more popular option for younger people it seems. If I had your hair, I most likely wouldn't get a transplant since after browsing hair transplant forums for a while, I've come to a realization that many transplant patients would be perfectly happy with a dense NW2-3 hairline post-op.

Rawtashk

Reaction score
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are MUCH too young for a hair transplant. You don't know where your hairloss is going to end up stopping. What if you end up an NW6? You'll have a nice hairline...and that's it. I know how much it sucks to be losing hair. I've been fighting it since I was 21 myself (28 now). DO NOT RUSH INTO SOMETHING LIKE THIS! This is a PERMANENT decision, and should not be made lightly. This is surgery, and will cost you THOUSANDS of dollars. Fight it with finasteride/nizoral/minoxidil as much as you can. With luck, it will stabilize and you will have a better shot at getting a hair transplant.

Don't pick a guy because "he does hair transplants on younger guys." That should be a HUGE red flag. He's doing a hair transplant on someone 19 years old because he doesn't care about the person, just the money. Talk to people like Feller and Umar, see what they think about your hair and a transplant. Don't cheap out in a situation like this, and take advice from people who have been through a situation like this.

You might think that the world is ending, but it's not. As much as I want to keep my hair.....in the end, it's just hair.

M

Mr. 4000

if you book you are crazy

doctors that cut a 21 year old should be put in jail

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
Not bald enough. If you're really are going bald then you have a lot more hair loss in front of you...best to wait till mid 20s at minimum