21 Years Old Vertex Balding - Opinions

Harries11

Reaction score
hello,

I am 21 years old, and have been balding since around 18/19, I didn't think anything of it at first and it has now it has gotten to this stage.

I have been on propecia before for approximately 4 months before having to stop because I was out of work and couldn't afford it. I have just started back up on it again, as well as the minoxidil foam. From some angles it doesn't look to bad then others it looks awful,

I would like to know some opinions etc on where to go from here image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 1,055

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi
You have common baldness without any dude, mainly in the vertex. You hair is fine.
Did you notice any problem with sebum?

Harries11

Reaction score
Hi
You have common baldness without any dude, mainly in the vertex. You hair is fine.
Did you notice any problem with sebum?

Hi,
Im not too sure, but i assume that is to do with oily hair/scalp. I tend to get a really greasy/oily hair throughout the day, and face as well, is there any way to prevent that or minimise it

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought that you must have problems with oily hair, and you confirmed it.

I am using during years pure jojoba oil as a lotion. Apply in the night (2/3 times a week( and washing the hair tin the morning. I mix it with essential oils.

If are you interested in the ingredients, please send me a PM.

Fishcake

Established Member
Reaction score
I am jealous of your hairline dude, but your crown is like mine but I would say worse. I have receding hairline and thinning crown and every morning my hair is so greasy it is unreal, I wash my hair every day and every other day with shampoo as I get so oily and greasy, therefore leading to thinning looking hair. Is your crown often itchy and what is your washing routine?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride, minoxidil and toppik and you'll be good to go, probably.

Harries11

Reaction score
Roughly, two months on, still too early to judge on anything, had a big shed throuhout the first month, only using finasteride at the moment, should I add minoxidil?

Attachments

• IMG_1394.JPG
    IMG_1394.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 620
  • IMG_1413.JPG
    IMG_1413.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 604

Harries11

Reaction score
IMG_3286.JPG
IMG_3290.JPG
IMG_3291.JPG
IMG_3292.JPG
Some more pictures. Still currently only on finasteride. Have bought minoxidil but yet to start with it.
Opinions would be welcome. I'd say it looks slightly worse in person still.

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely add minoxidil as this is the growth factor part of the regime. Its hard to see progress with long hair, get a shorter cut on top take some pictures wait 3 months and take some more and compare. At that point you should see progress

rymnd

My Regimen
Reaction score
I suggest you to get a shorter cut, it will disguise the thinning on top and stay on finasteride for 6-12 months before adding minoxidil. Your hair seems to be thicker than baseline.

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I suggest you to get a shorter cut, it will disguise the thinning on top and stay on finasteride for 6-12 months before adding minoxidil. Your hair seems to be thicker than baseline.

Why would you give uneducated advise like that?? finasteride blocks DHT which in turn stops the hairs from thinning and falling out it doesn't re grow that's why you add a growth factor which happens to be minoxidil

Kris89

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would you give uneducated advise like that?? finasteride blocks DHT which in turn stops the hairs from thinning and falling out it doesn't re grow that's why you add a growth factor which happens to be minoxidil

One would assume to assess the effectiveness of the finasteride. On the off chance he never responds to the finasteride at all and all his results come from the rogaine it'd be an unnecessary risk to remain on the drug. Besides, I know people with this sort of loss who have shed the miniature hairs and regrown the entire area without the use of minoxidil. If the hair follicles remain intact, finasteride will cause the remaining hairs to become stronger and that is your 'growth factor'. So you're right, it won't regrow what's not there, but half the time there's more there than meets the naked eye when it comes to thinning hair. I agree to wait 6 months before adding minoxidil personally.