21 yr old looking for advice

gmc45

Reaction score
2014-10-31-01-05-49.jpg2014-10-31-02-20-05.jpgCAM00800.jpgCAM00801 (1).jpgHello all! I've been looking at this forum for a couple of weeks and been kinda concerned about my hairline recession. I've noticed last year in a picture and seen my right temple is receded. I probably never noticed usually keep my hair longer in that picture. But cut my hair really short a week ago and noticed my left has started receding too! My mom is Portuguese and none of my uncles have any recession whatsoever in their 50's with glossy black hair. My dad's side is black but no one is receding or thinning. My dad shaves his bald for maintenance haha. But strangely my brother started thinning in his early twenties and he shaves it bald. I need advice of whether to get on finasteride or not. Thanks!

CarlJohanson

Established Member
Reaction score
I dont know man... Using finasteride is up to you. Use it and keep your hair or dont use it and let your hair fall out.
Good to know you're half portuguese.

RoyD

Established Member
Reaction score
You should ask a doctor to check it out. We cannot judge just based on your explanation. It could be male pattern baldness or just your hair line maturing. If you know it's male pattern baldness then start with 1 mg Finasteride on alternate days and up the frequency and dosage. Also consider Minoxidil