21 yr,Sudden hairfall :( pls help

madboy46

Reaction score
hi,im a 21 year old guy..i have a volume less hair(visible scalp) from my childhood.although they were less dense..they never fell off. but recently,especially after recovering from typhoid(i had typhoid from may 3th to june 11th)..my hairs has started falling.i used to shower & towel my hair before the illness(in april)..at the most i would lose only 2-4 hair even when i used the tight gap comb..and now when i run my finger through my hairs i see 4-5 hairs in my hand. the hairs have a white bulb at the end(not all but mostly). also the scalp & my face has become very oily (they were oily but not as of now). i lose around 60-70 while shampooing(head& shoulder),so i shampoo only 2 days a week and totally wash my hair 3 days a week(including shampooing days). i have a little dandruff. my scalp is itches. i have my hairline intact & the crown area is fine(no bald patches).hair is falling even i run my run my fingers on the sideways(above the ear area) ..the hair fall is less at the back of he head.

i did some research over this..& it seems to be telogen effluvium.
How can i diagnose my problem correctly.

I started taking omega 3,6,9,vitamin E & b-complex(which includes zinc,biotin) supplements daily,since 2 weeks.
i also maintain a healthy diet & workout 3-4 days a week.

My Family history.
my dad is bald.(started from frontal receding)
my mom a her dad has head full of hair.
mom's blood group-O+
dad's blood group-ab
my blood group-O+

plsss help frnds.

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you kidding, dude?
So you were losing 2-4 hairs and now you lose 4-5 hairs and that is such a big problem?
Blood groups have nothing to do with male pattern baldness.

madboy46

Reaction score
Are you kidding, dude?
So you were losing 2-4 hairs and now you lose 4-5 hairs and that is such a big problem?
Blood groups have nothing to do with male pattern baldness.

i mean i used to lose only 2-4 hairs when combed vigourously..but now just running my fingers through it gets 4-5 hairs

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
i mean i used to lose only 2-4 hairs when combed vigourously..but now just running my fingers through it gets 4-5 hairs

Ooooh, and that's such a big difference to make you worried?
From 4 to 5??
Are you making fun of us here?

madboy46

Reaction score
bro..i never had hairfall when i shampooed..but now i lose bout 60 hairs while shampooing..pls could u read my problem correctly.

- - - Updated - - -

should i shampoo my hair..even though its shedding?to get rid of excess oil?

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
bro..i never had hairfall when i shampooed..but now i lose bout 60 hairs while shampooing..pls could u read my problem correctly.

- - - Updated - - -

should i shampoo my hair..even though its shedding?to get rid of excess oil?

That is quite impossible to never had any hair fall when shampooing. Maybe you just didn't pay attention to it, everybody loses aprox 100 hairs DAILY!
60 days while shampooing AFTER COUPLE OF DAYS is FINE!!
Did you reead anything about hair cycles?? Do you know that a hair doesn't grow undefinitely? At some moment it stops growing, then enter dormant phase and falls(what you see) and then after a couple of months it starts growing again, it's a periodic behaviour.
At any time a umber of follciles on your head must be in dormant phase.

Yes, shampoo your hair,you can do that daily with a soft shampoo, because hair which falls when you shampoo is already in the dormant phase and would fall anyway, it no more grows!
You can't hurt any hair which is in active growth phase by shampooing!
TTo take out an active hair you would need to pluck it seriously , and it would hurt.
If you say the hairline is intact and you don't observe any thinning, then please stop worrying, it means all the hair which falls immediately grow up, in your case.

BUT, as you say your dad is bald, you must keep an eye on your hair,
IF it gets worse, you have minoxidil and finasteride to stop baldness. Are you aware of them??

And about "omega 3-6-9" as i have read, for hair you should take only omega 3.
Omega 6 may be bad for hair growth.

madboy46

Reaction score
yes i know about finasteride. my elder bro is using it since 2 years..his hairline receding has stopped with no regrowth..He has no side effects,But im so scared to start finasteride..cos what if im not lucky as lucky as my bro...

how do i distinguish between Telogen effluvium & diffuse shedding? im not understanding my case..as i had a visible scalp from childhood..the loss of hair has made my top of scalp look like diffuse thinning.

My physician said ..the hairfall is due to the illness u have been through..

If mine is Telogen Effluvium ..then when will my hairs stop falling?

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Use finasteride don't be scared. Sides are not permanent and it is your only chance.