[21M] How bad is it?

Beigesponge

Reaction score
There is little balding in the family, but I think I have been very unlucky. Father still has quite a bit of hair (some recession at temples) but has maintained density at beyond this. One grandfather died with a full head of hair (no recession at temples, some thinning) and the other had some thinning at the back and some temple recession but overall a good head of hair.

I haven't noticed much shedding, but when I was younger 15-18 I experienced quite a bit, I didn't take many photos but I don't think it has progressed too much since then. I am considering jumping on finasteride and min to try to preserve as much as possible.
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jesus. This looked like my pictures, got confused for a second. You do have a bit more hair than I, with that said you want to keep that hair. I would monitor for 6-12 months and see if your hairline starts to thin more or not. If so, forsure hop on finasteride. If you had worse family history, I would have recommended finasteride right away. However, due to lack of hairloss in your family, you could indeed stop receding right there.

Beigesponge

Reaction score
Jesus. This looked like my pictures, got confused for a second. You do have a bit more hair than I, with that said you want to keep that hair. I would monitor for 6-12 months and see if your hairline starts to thin more or not. If so, forsure hop on finasteride. If you had worse family history, I would have recommended finasteride right away. However, due to lack of hairloss in your family, you could indeed stop receding right there.
May start right away, my dad had some recession but similar to this then stopped really. Quite nervous about finasteride given the potential side effects, would min be enough for a few years to where I could consider a hair transplant?

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
May start right away, my dad had some recession but similar to this then stopped really. Quite nervous about finasteride given the potential side effects, would min be enough for a few years to where I could consider a hair transplant?
Min does nothing to stopping hairloss. Only promotes hair growth. If you want to stop it, finasteride is only option.