21yo Totally Bald And Depressed Looking For Advices

xordin

Reaction score
Hello. I started balding when I was 16, then after a year I started using minoxidil but it irritated my head so hard so I had to stop it and after this I had to start to shave my head. I tried getting back to minoxidil several times, but unfortunately, effects were weak and I'm sure there's no chance that minoxidil will help. I'm a bit depressed because of it now, but I won't be taking finasteride, as I don't believe that I could get my hair back (atleast in half as it was before). The problem is I look so old comparing to my peers, I know it could be because of stress, mental health problems. Is it even possible to look young and being bald at the same time? What should I do to make me look more younger and not to be so outstanding?

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
the only way

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you still have hair on the sides/back of your head? If so you can get your donor evaluated by a transplant surgeon. If your donor is good, 1 or 2 megasessions....you could be looking in the mirror at something resembling a full head of hair

Señor AIDidaS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you want to look younger, you're going to have to focus on the rest of your body since you are rejecting treatment.

Contrary to what people say though, you don't need to get a muscley six pack and grow a beard. Lean is in nowadays anyway. If you are overweight though, you definitely need to work on it. Fat and bald don't work well together.

Pick a new wardrobe if you aren't a snappy dresser. Buying hats isn't off limits either, but be careful what you pick. Something like this generally looks good.
image.jpegimage.jpeg
Beanies work as well, but stay away from baseball caps.

You still have some style options. You can Bic the sucker, or keep some stubble. Incorporate facial hair if you want, but a full on beard will likely make you look older. I recommend some stubble on the sides and back with some short sideburns. It goes well with the hats and looks pretty cool on its own.
image.jpeg
Hope that helps!