21yr old before pics - started treatment 3 weeks ago

superbee

Reaction score
Hello my name is Matt I'm 21. Started thinning when I was 19. At age 20 it started to progress badly. Now at 21 it appears to have slowed but I started treatment at the beginning of Feb. There is no family history of balding; however I use to be a hardcore bodybuilder and experimented with pro hormones that probably increased my DHT levels and caused this aggressive hair loss. Here is my treatment schedule please critique. I can afford to add about $50 more a month to this schedule.

Nizoral 1% every day -- is this ok or too much?
Fina .5 eod / duta .5 eod rotated (have a shorter supply of duta)
Mino liquid 2x daily -- is it worth upgrading to FOAM?
Was thinking about buying MSM and azelaic acid mixed in with Minoxidil

These pictures were taken today.
hair4.jpg

hair2_edited.jpg

hair3.jpg

hair1.jpg

BARCA

Established Member
Reaction score
nizoral every day is not so good for ur hair dude...use it 3 times every week...and good luck

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i feel for you man, i am also 21. please keep us updated, around the 3 month mark.

me personally came off the propecia as the sides are not desirable whatsoever....

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Thats a good regime. Keep updating this post with your progress, im interested to see how you do. I think you have a great chance to grow hair back because you're still so young and the hairloss will be more recent.

Nevertheless Good luck :)

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ketoconazole has been shown to stay in one's scalp in medicinal quantities up to 72 hours, I believe. So there isn't really any point in using nizoral every day.

I've never seen anything with respect to azeleic acid that would suggest it's helpful in the androgenic alopecia. you might want to try retin-A instead.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
keep it up for a yr and best of luck mate!