22 and the receders are getting their party started

lewisr010

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm 22 and probably seeing the signs of a receding hairline (In attachments). I have quite a large forehead which I have inherited from my mum's side of the family. My Grandad on my mum's side receded quite early and was probably a norwood 3 at the age 25. However, he had long way wavy hair so it didn't look that bad.

My dad still has his juvenile hairline (annoyingly) and so did my Grandad on his side. I have definitely inherited my maternal grandad's head, in terms of shape: big forehead and high hairline. However, my hair itself is similar to my dad's hair: thick and curly.

I have always had a big forehead but recently (around the age of 19) the dreaded v-shape has become more prominent. However, I have no sign of balding from the crown. I would like to keep my hairline for as long as possible as I know for a fact that I do not suit the bald look. I'm not too sure how to judge the state of my scalp as well. I would say that I'm currently at Norwood 2.

My scalp is very white and flaky at the base. I would guess that it's more to do with dryness rather than oiliness since my face is constantly dry every time I shower. However, I only wash my hair once every 2-3 days...although I wet it everyday.

I am open to taking minoxidil. That is however, if this 'myth' is debunked: is it true that if you use minoxildil and then suddenly stop, your hairline will look noticeably worse than before you started taking it?

I'm not so keen on all this oral propecia business, unless the recession gets more aggressive.

Any tips would be great, thanks!

Attachments

• hair 1.jpg
    hair 1.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 232
  • hair 2.jpg
    hair 2.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 218
  • hair 3.jpg
    hair 3.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 204
  • hair 4.jpg
    hair 4.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 217

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Minoxidil will only delay the inevitable for a couple years if that, Minxodil truly not slow down hair loss except mask it.
Your only hope is porpecia or RU5884. Good lucky buddy.

I'm pretty sure you know the risks of propecia.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Minoxidil will only delay the inevitable for a couple years if that, Minxodil truly not slow down hair loss except mask it.
Your only hope is porpecia or RU5884. Good lucky buddy.

I'm pretty sure you know the risks of propecia.

I agree. You are 22 and already dealing with recession. I hate to say it, but propecia is the best thing we currently have to fight male pattern baldness, use it or accept going bald.