22 and this hairloss is consuming my life

nm825

Reaction score
I went to the doctor the other day for a physical, and I casually mentioned I was a little concerned about hair loss. He really didn't seem to care and that he could run some blood tests but that it's probably familial and that I can shave it all off in a couple of years, if I see fit. I didn't mention anything about propecia nor did I follow up on the blood testing. Do you think I should call the office and try to get blood tests and then ask the Doctor for propecia? Am I at that point yet?

For the record, my father has a full head of hair for the most part. My maternal and paternal grandfather are/were bald though. I am particularly concerned about the divot on the right-side of my hairline (my left in the mirror pics). I feel like I've always had this divot, but the hair around it seems to be thinning. For example, you can see a red dot on my scalp in the pictures at that point; never before have I seen this red dot on my scalp before this week. I was picking at it today, and it began to bleed, so I don't really know if it's always been there or if it some type of skin condition going on.

What would you say I am on the Norwood scale? How noticeable is my hair loss? Should I seek out propecia urgently? Here are my photos:

http://s919.photobucket.com/user/nm8...b6dd3.jpg.html

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
As eix said you still have a long way to go. Do you lose many hair in the shower ? On your comb ? On your pillow ?
If you do, you could try propecia but with a low dosage at first (0,25mg a day, it's 80% as effective as 1mg) to see if it works and if you have sides, then up the dosage after a few month if you see fit.
If you don't, try not to stress, have a healthy diet, and check in six month/ a year if you see any change from these photos !

Geheimerrat

Reaction score
That doesn´t look like typical hairloss, could easily be a mature hairline( not saying that you won´t lose hair in the future, but this looks like you are not affected yet)

Monitor your hair, take some photos every month and compare them, and if you see your hairline actually get worse, take action

But i would take any bet that there is no need to be concerned yet

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
Sure a lot of NW5s here lately.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
there is no hair loss

take a picture every month with the same angle and lighting if u are that worried though

that way u can catch it early if u start losing hair

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
+1