22, Balding, Need advice on treatment

thegrinder

Reaction score
Hello all,

I started noticing my hair loss about half a year ago, and it has progressed an alarming rate.
I currently work as a taxi driver for pretty long hours, and I feel really stressed all the time because of it. I've also gained about 25 pounds in the past 6 months and I plan to lose that weight, which I think will probably make regrowing hair even more difficult. I also have not been getting proper nutrition, just stopping by fast food places along with getting coffees and carbonated beverages with every meal.

So here are my pictures taken today.

IMG_1764.jpgIMG_1770.jpgIMG_1772.jpgIMG_1775.jpg
Firstly I would like to know what you guys think the type of hair loss i have, whether alopecia, male pattern baldness, or something else?

I also ask what you guys suggest I use to treat it, my scalp seems very dry and I find myself rubbing it a lot because I have heard that massages help hair grow faster. What fruits and vegetables I should ingest and how my losing weight will play a roll in this baldness? and what haircut i can get in the meantime while I am trying to treat it
Thanks a lot

ldk13

Reaction score
First off i dont think that natural supplements are going to do you any good. I also think it is male pattern baldness. Your best bet is to at the very least start on a minoxidil treatment such as rogaine or kirkland. It may not be a bad idea to think of using finasteride as well.

I would recommend nizoral as well, but if you are having problems with dry skin, it may make things worse for you. Rubbing it is probably doing you no good at all. I would also suggest to get a short haircut especially if you plan on using minoxidil. It will soak in easier

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
you probably have hair loss resulting from combination of genetics and the presence of circulating androgens - not nutrition or stress.
- just go with minoxidil and propecia to combat hair loss

for a hair cut - shorter hair is almost always better

for getting a good body shape - just follow the stickies on a body building forum - that will be much better for nutrition and exercise