22, fighting hair loss, but have a plan if I go bald XD

kpat

Established Member
Reaction score
22, fighting hair loss

Hi everyone. I've been losing my hair for I guess 2-3 years at least, in the hairline area. I noticed it around 1.5 years ago, and I've been using topical 5% minoxidil for around a year now. It's helped and regrown a noticeable about of hair, but hairline has barely noticeably changed (plus I have long hair, so it will take a long time for all of it to be thicker). I've been trying to decide if I want to start using finasteride or not. I'm still thinking about it. I decided to try just try minoxidil, and the elation from it working lasted a while, but then after it wore off and I realized it's not actually stopping the balding, I got back down to trying to actually halt this. I will post pictures later.

The reason I joined now is because I want some more info on finasteride, and I also want to share with people the new regime I'm going to try and any results I have (with pictures). My plan is to add the following to the regime for 6 months and see what happens:

Saw Palmetto 450 mg daily
Pumpkin seeds 1/4 cup daily (1 serving)
Decaf Black Tea 8 bags daily
Biotin 10,000 mcg daily (mostly because it was on sale XD)

It's a very experimental treatment. I'm not, like, super optimistic about it, but I figured I'd try and see if it does anything. I'm still seeing new regrowth from the minoxidil, so I'm basically gonna ride this out until there isn't a point anymore XD Then, if I'm past the point of help, I'm just gonna shave my head, get a super awesome tattoo on my head, and wear funky, long wigs when I feel like it. I've already been wearing wigs sometimes, and it's been awesome. So I'm just trying to make peace with whatever the future of my hair will be. That's all I can do anyway.

Digidako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just take finasteride man, proof is in the science. You'll waste more money and hair using herbal supplements that do 1/10 the work finasteride does.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
start finasteride. Search saw palmetto results/biotin,etc results on google you wont find anything of substance. Search finasteride results you will find more success stories than you can count

kpat

Established Member
Reaction score
I actually buy them on ebay. They wigs I get are geared toward cosplay, but they have more conservative ones. I have this long, grey, wavy wig that I got for 20$. It's my main one right now.