22, heavy diffuse thinning in midscalp, front and crown. Happened within 6 months

mikado

Reaction score
I'm 22, male pattern baldness blindsided me when I was 20 when my temples rapidly receeded within a 3 month period of time. At 21 I got on proprecia, but stopped after 3 months due to the sides (rather the reverse- it caused my libido to go through the roof) and continued with rogain foam twice a day. After a while I stopped and just tried maintaining a healthy lifestyle, which I soon decided wasn't going to cut it, so back on the rogaine I went. I remained off finastride for about 1 year

Diffuse thinning hit somewhere between July 2012 and November 2012. I didn't really notice the onset just that I was shocked when I saw most of my hair on the top of my head had vanished one morning. I waited to see if it might be stress related but it got worse. I am now back on finastride and have been for 2 months. I use liquid Minoxidil (kirkland brand) twice daily on my temples but am now considering using it on my scalp but am afraid it will make it worse! Any suggestions? It is very frustrating and depressing being able to see through my hair to my scalp:sad:

Current regiment:
1mg finastride - once a day
5% liquid minoxidil on temples - twice a day, approx. 1/2 ml each side
IMG_2358.JPGIMG_2359.JPGIMG_2357(1).jpgIMG_2360.jpg