22 y/o guy, am I too far gone?

tufanoz

Reaction score
http://imgur.com/0oOVuW5

Hair has been thinning for aprox 2 years. This is what I have to work with. Been on finasteride and nizoral for 2 months. I have no idea where it's taking me. What can I expect or should I just give up?

2tite2014

Established Member
Reaction score
Nope. Throw in minoxidil, stay diligent with the treatments, and be patient. You could potentially get a full recovery. Could take 4 months to see results, could take 14 months. Be patient. Ultimately you won't know unless you try.

tufanoz

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! I'll heed the advice and start minoxidil as soon as possible.

How can you even think you're too far gone?

I'm just confused because I have no idea what's happening up there.

lanceu

Reaction score
Is there such thing as too early though ?

- - - Updated - - -

Is there such thing as too early though ?

Bottlecap

Established Member
Reaction score
Not too far gone at all. I can imagine you'll respond great to finasteride. Diffuse hairloss seems to get much better results than receeding hairline. Good luck!

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
You still have a decent hairline and a good amount of hair intact, youre also only 22. You have good chances of growing some hair back.
You won't see any benefit from finasteride and nizoral until month 3 ( at the very least). I personally noticed thickening after 6 months and it didn't plateau until a good year and a half down the line.

Just persevere and continue to document your progress every couple of months. Good luck

tufanoz

Reaction score
Thanks for the answers so far. I'll post some updates when there's a reason to.

Current regime:
Finasteride 1mg (Just began 3rd month)
Nizoral 1% (1 month, still unsure how often I should use this. Advice is pretty mixed on the internet as far as I could gather)
Minoxidil, Rogaine kind 5% (Beginning 1st month) - So expensive in Denmark! ~117 dollars for 3 month supply!

g.i joey

Reaction score
yeah dude you're definately at a good point to start, you might even not notice anymore thinning a year down the line! try to get your minoxidil from minoxidilshop . com if they are willing to ship to you, they are pretty cheap, 80 bucks for 6 months is what i pay.

xetudor

Established Member
Reaction score
Buy generic minoxidil from a local pharmacy, it's extremely cheap. As long as it's made in the EU, it's safe and potent.

Vanhoosan

Reaction score
nope

22 Is way early! I'm 27 and I've had substantial regrowth, although like previous posters said, i'd recommend minoxidil too

hanz123

Reaction score
Hair loss

Hey man,

Try adding RU58841, neogenics, and lipogaine to ur regiment. If money isn't the issue, try getting on CB 03-01, I heard it drastically reduces hair fall

tufanoz

Reaction score
Update

So I've been on minoxidil for 1 month now.
Beginning 4th month of finasteride.
Nizoral every 3rd day.

I haven't been able to tell a major difference, but my hair seems more healthy now than it did 4 months ago. I believe this is due to finasteride reducing the damage DHT is doing to my hair.
Also I've gotten used to minoxidil as a part of my routine. It's not that bad once you stop thinking about it and just apply it. No noticable shedding from minoxidil just yet.