22 Year old ex AAS User

lukeyybrown

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I'm new to this forum as I'm seeking some help with my hair

I have been growing my hair since December 2013 and growing is going good however my hair is thin and falling out in the bath a lot due to previous anabolic steroid use. I know longer take any sort of anabolic steroids due to me wanting to grow my hair very long

I have noticed my hair line has receded due to certain anabolic steroids can I get this back?

I'm currently using zero products to help my hair grow/stop thinnning/stop falling out

I'm wondering what is the best protocol for me to use? I have been told things like propecia/5% spironolactone cream/Nizoral shampoo? Just looking for a bit of confirmation if anyone can help?

Thanks guys

Mehrdad

Reaction score
Read my story, it might help you!
link below in my signature |
\/

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
You are genetically prone to androgenic alopecia my friend; your steroid use has only sped up this godawful process. If you are lucky, you will be able to stop the loss and maybe gain a little with Propecia alone. spironolactone 5% and Nizoral will be defiantly boost this effect, but adding Minoxidil to that regimen would be your best bet at regrowth.

lukeyybrown

Reaction score
Thanks for your help guys

Very nice log Mehrdad will be taking a good read of it

I am going to take propecia and apply the other three along side so in total

1.Propecia
2.Sprio 5%
3.Nizoral
5.Minoxidil

Does this sound ok?

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, that is perfect. I tried spironolactone 5%, and I do believe it works others would disagree. If you are a patient person, I would start off with Propecia, Nizoral, and spironolactone first for like 6 months and then Minoxidil. My reasoning is that you might be satisfied with those alone, so why add Minoxidil if you're satisfied?

Mehrdad

Reaction score
Thanks for your help guys

Very nice log Mehrdad will be taking a good read of it

I am going to take propecia and apply the other three along side so in total

1.Propecia
2.Sprio 5%
3.Nizoral
5.Minoxidil

Does this sound ok?

Your welcome!

It sounds OK, but I'd omit Minoxidil from the regime, as it only do a fake regrowth. Most people have used minoxidil but after the end they only got bad results...

Here I explain why:
Minoxidil does its job by altering C&D Channels in hair follicle which is why it causes massive shedding first then some regrowth.
Actually it alters the Anagen<->Telogen phase: At first all affected hairs (already inflamed follicles) which are locked in Catagen-Phase will go to Telogen-Phase and follicle will get rid of the hair (which people calling this stage *Shedding*). By continuing the treatment, follicle would be forced to go to Anagen-Phase (Hair Growth) and it will be halted in the phase!!
So after some months follicle would be exhausted of mal-cycle and get used to Minoxidil's alters, Hair would be fall out and never grow again! And beside of that, you can't stop the treatment neither because the same thing will happen!
Its like a suicide, from follicle point of view ;)

And we all may know, "Hair Growth Cycle" isn't the problem here...