22 Year Old With Thinning Crown

RadicalRad

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Ive been part of the forum for a little while now, it was only up until recently I started posting on here.

I have been using Minoxidil 5% for almost 3 and a half months. Thus far I have only missed a day but I have really yet to see any solid results. Im using it on my crown and on my hairline and I think its doing more damage then good. Pushing my hairline back drastically and making my crown much thinner. I have noticed some small blonde hairs here and there but beyond that nothing. Now I plan on sticking this out and going the full year, but Id love to have support from others who are going through it like myself.

When I get the chance and Im at my home computer I will post some photos to show my progression and get feed back.

Before that though, I do have a few questions if you all have some time to answer them.

1. Is it alright to sleep with minoxidil in your hair? I normally put it in right after work and let it dry in there for about 3 hours before I lay down. Is that a wrong way of using it? Should I instead wash it out before bed? Also would it be advisible to wear like a shower cap or something at night when its in my hair?

2. I have been getting some slight skin irritation around my forehead and a sore throat and was wondering if these eventually wears of as time goes on with using Minoxidil?

3. Where can i get good finasteride very cheap? And also are its side effects fact or just fiction? And is there any real serious long term effects from use of it? Id rather hear all this from you guys people who actually used the stuff than others assuming what it does.

Thanks in advance guys and I will get back with the pictures hopefully tomorrow at the earliest.

DrDog

Reaction score
What's good man. To answer your questions:

1. Is it alright to sleep with minoxidil in your hair? I normally put it in right after work and let it dry in there for about 3 hours before I lay down. Is that a wrong way of using it? Should I instead wash it out before bed? Also would it be advisible to wear like a shower cap or something at night when its in my hair?
Yes it's fine. Do you use the liquid or the foam? I only ask because it might be easier drying with the foam. I use the liquid (about 2ml) right before bed. I make sure to rub it in on the hairline to make sure it doesn't drip onto my face, but besides that I just let it dry. Only takes about 20 minutes for it to settle. No, you don't need a shower cap.

2. I have been getting some slight skin irritation around my forehead and a sore throat and was wondering if these eventually wears of as time goes on with using Minoxidil?
Is your skin irritation acne or simply red-irritation? finasteride has given me a bit of acne, and I've had to adopt a routine for my skin just like my hair. You can look on Acne.org for their regime, but get the generic instead. If its simply irritation, try to avoid your skin when you apply it. Make sure to rub it into the hairline so that it doesn't drip. As for your throat, I'm 100% confident that that is not correlated with the minoxidil.

3. Where can i get good finasteride very cheap? And also are its side effects fact or just fiction? And is there any real serious long term effects from use of it? Id rather hear all this from you guys people who actually used the stuff than others assuming what it does.
I'm going to give you two answers:
1. You have insurance: Get generic 1mg/finasteride from your Doctor. I have Anthem Blue Cross and they don't allow that, but they do allow 5mg Proscar. I split it into 4ths.
2. You do not have insurance:
https://www.inhousepharmacy.vu/ In House is rep'd pretty hard on these forums. But You should ask other's their opinion on their sites as well.

Good luck man. If you have any other questions, send me something. We're all facing the same battle here.