22 years old, hair loss and thinning

Thexkingofkings

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this forum but I figured it would help anxiety/obsession from the situation to join a group that shares similar issues in terms of hair loss. I am a 22 year old male, relatively healthy and have been experiencing hairloss, my hairloss is within the crown however it doesn’t follow a male pattern baldness pattern as it is more on the right side of my head almost. I do have male pattern baldness running through my family so I am aware that I will have to deal with that one day, however I am not entirely convinced that is my issue at the present moment, but yet I am prepared to shave my head if there is no realistic improvement so I have pretty much come to grips with that possibility.

Since I was 18-19, I have had severe scalp issues that I have on and off seen dermatologists about with little to no luck except recently in May of 2013 when I saw a new derm. Throughout these issues I have had my hair thin and look somewhat diffused in areas, probably partially due to the scalp problems and scratching the hair follicles.

Recently I have used Nizoral 2% prescribed (Keto) 2-3 times a week with the scalp issues much better (not perfect, but more progress than before), I also take Biotin not because I believe it regrow but just for overall hair and skin health. I checked into Propecia with a hair transplant doctor last year in the summer but never had the courage to take it due to side effects, would rather not take something that has terrible sides. I also have started to work out and try and eat more proteins recently as my protein levels may not have been as good as when I lived at home with my parents, also stress levels have gone down from what I was at over the last 8 months.

I have a girlfriend that I have been with for a while and we are planning on buying a house shortly and getting married, I have discussed issues with her regarding this so I don’t feel I hide anything and she is supportive which helps me tremendously, without her who knows where my self-esteem would be at, however being a man it is still a topic that is a bit tough to discuss as I didn’t think it would be an issue this early in my 20’s.

I wanted to see opinions of others as well as suggestions perhaps or maybe if you think my situation is not male pattern baldness, thank you all and glad to be a part of this community.

Thanks,
B

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do you have any pictures? If you don't have male pattern baldness then finasteride wouldn't be the one for you. As for sides, you just hear those who have had them, or think they have had them, shout from the rooftops. I've been on it 4 and a half years, no b**ch tits, can get it up and everything works as before :)

Thexkingofkings

Reaction score
There are three pictures on that link thanks

http://m1329.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/Thexkingofkings/photo1_zps91d8bf6f.jpg.html?o=2

Last edited: