22 years old ,thining/receeding , perfect genetics.

Elementalist

Reaction score
Hello.
I am 22 y o male,and lately ,i've been experiencing some major hair loss ,as u will be able to see in attached pictures . Nothing that would make people look at me like a bald or balding person( at least i hope) but it surely is going towards it.

The thing is :In my whole family( huge family on fathers side and smaller on my mothers side) there is not a single person who had any receeding or visible hair thining before age of 50 .My father who is 77 years old has started receeding and thining about 5 years ago , and still has acceptable portion of hair(for his age). Basicly , it is like they were trying to match up for full head of hair .

I have seen some smaller receeding about 3 years ago , but then i considered it just to be maturing hairline , as it was looking pretty normal . My hair only falls out at about this time of the year(august-december) which is , as i red ,time when most people lose lots of their hairs , but it's seasonal and it should grow back .Well , my doesn't . It falls of,and stays like that untill next year , and so on....fading year by year :) Today , as i pulled my hair strongly with both of my hands , i counted more than 15 hairs in the sink.Thats 1 pull,both hands. As for the rest of the year , falling is minimal , basicly if i pull,i get maximum 2 -3 hairs , while at some parts of the year i can't pull even one :)

To tell the truth , i haven't really lived a full healthy life . 60% of my meals where junk food , vegetables and fruits on very rare ocasions , due to me spending lots of my time at university and not beeing able to come home for meals , but staying there and eating whatever i can get my hands on .

Few weeks ago i've made a change in my diet , lots of vitamin B jucies(Carrot and beet jucies , directly squized) and regular meals and such . Im pretty skinny ,and few days ago i started at gym at reuglar basis . Anything else i could add to my diet that could improve my hair care ?

What other causes for hair loss could there be ?

Also , because of the genetics i allready wrote about , i was hoping i could avoid agressive hair loss medications like propecia(I've heard that impotence sideeffect can sometimes be ireversible , is that true ?) and use some more natural or easyer going medications , that would improve my hair growth( or slow falling of at this time of year) while not making me slave to them for the rest of my life if i don't want to lose the hair they helped me gain?
If there aren't such medications , if i could get advice for some that could be used in my case and general public thinks it's effective , that would be great :)

I haven't full monitored hairloss since long time ago, but i do have some last year photos of it .
3 years ago( can't see hairline , but you can see it was preety thick back then )
DSC00180.jpg

1 year ago:
DSC00335.jpgDSC00364.jpg

This month :
DSC_0498.jpgDSC_0486.jpg 3333.jpg

I've started cutting my hair shorter and shorter cuz i red it slows the falling out down ....

headless

Established Member
Reaction score
It doesn't really look like Male Pattern Baldness.. just diffuse thinning. Your temples look great, just a mature hairline (which is normal at your age). You should have seen my hairline at your age.. Go see a dermatologist first, they can help you :)

What other causes for hair loss could there be ?
Stress?

I've heard that impotence sideeffect can sometimes be ireversible , is that true ?
No, no scientific proof for this.

joner

Reaction score
My family also has no bald person!!And I am the first to have male pattern baldness.
It's quite furstrating to see my gradfather pics at his 80's with full hair Norwood 0 and me at my 20's Norwood 3.
Plus I don't have a person to understand my feelings and give advice,everyone is so cool just saying "it's not big deal"!!

Da Crow

Established Member
Reaction score
Because that's how most people see it, yet there are people with aesthetic
keen-ness that spot it easily, and being someone who has it, it can be disturbing,
being attached to it and then watching it wither away.

On your pics, it could be the way your hair was moved that exposes more scalp
combined with the flash giving it the illusion of thinning, but its your hair, you know
how it looked, felt, looks and feels so you are your only hope on noticing, taking action,
and even calming your emotional reaction/response.

Elementalist

Reaction score
i never said i was nw3 :) well , i guess ill chek out some of the possible solutions i find around forum when i get enough free time
As far as stress goes,my studies are very hard so there is some level of stress due that...and i am relativly depressed most of the time(not serious stuff , just beeing down for some longer time now ) other than that i try to keep my stress level at minimum for more than a few years due the fact that my father is diabetic,and stress is one of main causes of it...just wanted to avoid that scenario :)

edit:Saw a dermatologist some time ago , a lack of interest they showed(not just to me , for some reason , dermatologist here are known for not beeing interested in anything that isn't serious skin condition or so ) repeled me from going again.