22 YO, suffering from a receding headline.

Zorlee

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I've been struggling with my receding headline for a while now. I "found out" about it 1,5 years ago when my mother told me the words of horror: "Are you starting to lose your hair? Wow, my boy is turning into a man".
She probably meant no harm, but it really hurt. And what hurt even more was realizing that my hairline was receding. I didn't think much about it before and just thought that I had a mature hairline for my age, but I found out that this wasn't the case.

I registered here for support and help from more experienced guys.
I would like to know your opinion on my hair loss, and what to do from now on.
I'm adding pictures - from January 2012 and September 2012. (The pictures with me wearing a white T-shirt are the ones taken today).

I've been on Finasteride (5mg cut into 5.) for about 4 months. I added minoxidil last month as well. I'm also using Nizoral shampoo 2-3 times a week.
Should I just continue with what I do? Or should I move on to more heavy stuff?

Based on the pictures I don't see much improvement. I think the hair loss has somewhat stopped, but I'd love to see some re-growth.
I don't know why, but I really struggle with my confidence because of this. It's really strange, I've always been a very confident guy, but my receding hairline has killed my confidence, I no longer want to be taken pictures of...

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I really appreciate it.
Zorlee

Attachments

• 写真(12-01-01 16.16) #2.jpg
    写真(12-01-01 16.16) #2.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 258
  • 写真(12-09-12 21.04) #3.jpg
    写真(12-09-12 21.04) #3.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 274
  • 写真(12-01-01 16.16) #3.jpg
    写真(12-01-01 16.16) #3.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 254
  • 写真(12-09-12 21.04) #6.jpg
    写真(12-09-12 21.04) #6.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 240
  • 写真(12-09-12 21.02) #7.jpg
    写真(12-09-12 21.02) #7.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 267
  • 写真(12-01-01 16.16) #4.jpg
    写真(12-01-01 16.16) #4.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 259

HairGuru22

Established Member
Reaction score
It could perhaps be the way you combed your hair but i think i am seeing regrowth, just stick with the big 3 and wait for about 12-13 months, then decide your next move. You still have thick hair, so don't worry too much.

Abercrombie

Reaction score
I'm basically in the same age and position as yourself and first of all: your hair looks fine for now, but yes, it's receding. Give meds some time to work, especially minoxidil (did wonders for me).

I am a little bit older than yourself and my plan is to keep my receding hairline at bay for as long as possible with meds (finasteride,min at the moment, might add nizoral later on) and then go for a first transplant somewhere around the age of 27. The later the better!

TravisB

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair is still not bad at all. If I were you, I would just stick with finasteride. It should thicken your remaining hair, and if you're lucky it'll regrow some. It should also maintain what you have. minoxidil is a lot of hassle, and can sometimes do more harm than good. You are far from being bald, and recession is not tragic either. I would say receded hairline adds "dignity" to the face. IMO you should stick with finasteride and you should be good. There's nothing else you can do either way.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, besides it seems that there was a big improvement in your temples. Congrats!

- - - Updated - - -

I suppose it's because of Finasteride, because I doubt minoxidil would work in 1 month

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep doing what you're doing and re-evaluate in a years time, with NW3 hairline it would be wise to stick it out, I'm sure you'll have good results.