22nohair's Story w/ PICS

22nohair

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I first started noticing my hair loss around age 21 (23 now) and didn't really do anything till this past new years. At first it didn't look too bad and I just took it as inevitable. My hair loss seems to be fairly aggressive. It is diffusing at the top, my hair line has definitely receded some and it is thin and getting thinner at the crown and temples. I've been using Nizoral since January and added Rogaine and Saw Palmetto (I know, I know...) back around May of this year. I recently haven't noticed much improvement at all using this, and I'm pretty sure the situation is getting worse. I thought I had at least slowed down the hair loss as I noticed less hair in my hands when I ran them through my head, but it seems that more has been starting to fall out I am scared to death of starting finasteride and am really having trouble what to do next. Here are some pictures I've taken over the past several months.

2012-01-01 16.38.35.jpg January 1st, 2012 (bad quality, but this is the earliest one I have so lets just call it baseline)

2012-04-09 00.27.55.jpg 2012-04-09 00.28.53.jpg Both from April 9th (just turning 23)

2012-05-15 00.10.59.jpg2012-05-15 00.10.28.jpg May 15th (these probably look worse because my hair was sweaty/greasy?)

IMAG0036.jpg IMAG0037.jpg Late July

I have some from late August but they are similar to these July ones. I'm getting a haircut this week and will take pictures and post so everyone can see if there is any major difference. So what does everyone think?

Attachments

• 2012-01-01 16.38.35.jpg
    2012-01-01 16.38.35.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 198

ozeu

Reaction score
I'm starting on finasteride in about 2 weeks when my Fincar order gets here.

I was scared to death of the side effects at first, but then it dawned on me that the people that get them usually don't ease into the medication.

I'm going to start taking 1.25 mil once a week and see if there's any bad sides. Then I will up the dosage every two weeks until I'm taking it 6 days a week. The average dosage will be 1.07 mil per day, just above the recommended dosage.

This will hopefully let my body adapt to the change in hormones. But I don't know, I'm inexperienced, so take it with a grain of salt.

But if the treatment right now is not working for you, it's time to bring out the big guns.

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
Although mine wasn't as bad, I had a pattern of hair loss really similar to yours.

I use Regaine, Nizoral and Propecia.

I have had really great results just 7 months in, and it's still getting better.

However, to be cruse when I orgasm it has became crap. This side effect disappeared for a while but came back recently so I hope it's just a temporary blip.

Like ozeu suggested, you might want to ease yourself onto finasteride.

It's difficult to tell exactly from your pictures because the lighting and colouring is different, but it looks like it's covering more in the last pictures you posted, especially towards the front.

22nohair

Reaction score
Latest pictures from October 22nd:
IMAG0117.jpgIMAG0115.jpgIMAG0119.jpg

Haven't changed much though I have been lazy/inconsistent with the minoxidil.

progosu

Reaction score
consistency is the key to succeed with minoxidil man... your situation is terrible for your age, you better try harder or one day there will be nothing to save on the top of your head and no hope at all.