22YO male w/ NWH 2 Where do I go from here?

SuperNova16

Reaction score
Greetings,

I am a 22YO male w/ NHW2(I think), I have been losing my hair since I was 19. It has only gotten worse in the past six months. I am in a bit of a unique situation I cannot really conceal my hairloss because I cannot grow my hair out of regulation( I am in the US military). I also do not think I can obtain a perscription for any hairloss medication. Where do I go from here? Any help would be appreiciated.

photo.jpgphoto2.jpgphoto3.jpgphoto4.jpg

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
You can always order medications from in house pharmacy without a prescription.

BillyGnosis

Reaction score
Doesn't look too bad- aside from the recession it looks fairly thick. If you want to draw attention away from the loss you could cut in a short mohawk just have the temples and sides cut very short and the top a bit longer? Would that be allowed?

SuperNova16

Reaction score
I am not allowed to take those drugs with out my primary care physician knowing because I could possible get kicked out, and mohawks are definitely not allowed. What options should I pursue that are over the counter?

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
these two are clinically proven for hair loss
shampoo - nizoral (contains ketoconazole) - this slows down the process of Androgenetic Alopecia
topical liquid- rogaine (contains minoxidil) - this helps regrow hair but does nothing to slow down the process of Androgenetic Alopecia

this one is proven to have an anti-androgen effect in the skin and i have seen some people show before/after pics of hair regrowth/maintenance only using this but there also lots of other people who say it didn't help. (hair loss is partly caused by the actions of androgens)
topical cream - s5 cream (contains Spironolactone) - may slow down the process of Androgenetic Alopecia

if you use any of these then you use must use them consistently even if u don't see results for a while.

SuperNova16

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice I have started rogaine and regene Pure doctor shampoo, how is this stuff compared to Nizoral? Also are these topical anti-androgens worth the money and I here S5 causes sides is some people.