23, confused and frustrated.

lolheylol

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm 23, about to be 24 in May. The texture of my hair has been changing lately, with the sides still growing in like always, and the top getting thinner (but still full coverage) and sort of limp. Within the past 3 months, I've noticed some definite thinning on my temple (if I spike it up, I can see through it a little). I never notice any extra hair falling out, just the usual amount in the shower while washing. I can remember not too long ago having hair that I was very happy with, so then I start researching whether this could be stress, or I have hypothyroidism. I was taking pictures of my hair from the back and noticed a spot - definite thinning, but I wouldn't call it a bald spot yet. It absolutely killed me when I saw it, and now I find myself excusing myself from situations to go to the bathroom to take a picture. I wonder how long it's been like that, or if it just appeared.

My girlfriend said that if I went bald and I shaved my head, she would still love me the same no matter what - she told me that not to worry so much, and that she is here and isn't going anywhere. I haven't told anyone about my hair loss, but I find myself very aware and trying to hide my crown area if anyone looks at me. My maternal grandfather died with hair, but my paternal grandfather and my dad are bald, as well as my uncle - all at a very young age. My older brother still has hair, but he always wears a hat so you couldn't see it even if he was losing it. I can't imagine using any of the big 3 products, for the rest of my life with all of the possible side effects. I have a girlfriend and we are going to want to start a family one day..

I'm 6'2", 180 lbs and a kinda 'longish' face - hope I'll look good with a buzzed head.. :sobbing: Pretty sure I've felt every possible emotion this week.. Plus, my car is acting up!

BigTexasSexy

Established Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a fantastic girlfriend my man. I can't really see the point of your post though, heh. Are you asking for some tips on how to treat your male pattern baldness, or was this just a rant, which is cool either way..