23, early stages

jtron24

Reaction score
Alright, fellas, I'll have the usual. Evaluation and any advice is much appreciated.

I’m not sure what this community is like as far as sensitivity goes, so I’ll just be honest about everything and see if people just tell me to sack up and get over it, etc.

I have dealt with depression, social anxiety, low self-confidence for the majority of my life, way before even the thought of male pattern baldness came into (onto) my head. To have something like this happen at 23 is extremely debilitating to my already low measure of esteem. If I was 32, married with kids, and had established a career, I would absolutely accept it. I would take it like a man and be fine. Bring on the George Costanza. Fact is, I’m 23, recently out of college, single, and still looking for work. I have to be able to maintain some degree of confidence in order to be able to overcome what’s going on in my head mentally, and ultimately feel good about my life.

I’m aware of the treatment methods. Have just started rogaine, and will go see a Doctor as soon as I get some cash flow. I just moved to Boston and am crashing on my cousins futon. Just a big stretch here, but my cousin is a chain smoker. I have only really been upset about my hair for the past month, the same amount of time I have been living with him. I realize I’m grabbing at air, but any chance extreme amounts of second hand smoke affects hair loss?

2 side pictures and a front view. On the front one, if you look closely at the roots of the strands, you can kinda see them more defined and individual than you ever could before. NEVER used to be able to see my scalp right through it like you can now. Last pic is with me combing and using gel to hide everything. I can still pull it off right now, but not sure for how much longer.

Give it to me straight, people. Am I in a good position to have caught this relatively early? Let me know if more pics would help. I can take different angles or post some from like a year ago. But I feel like these ones are pretty clear.

Attachments

• Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 208
  • Side2.jpg
    Side2.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 213
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 180
  • Fakin it.jpg
    Fakin it.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 196

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hard to tell to be honest, if you noticed thinning best thing would to get on finasteride asap.