23 Looking For Advice - Am I Doomed?

transpconQ

My Regimen
Reaction score
http://imgur.com/a/yI0Zk

Hi all,

I am currently 23.5, I started noticing hair loss around January 2013. I think those pics make my hair seem a bit better then it actually is, it was taken with flash though.

I recently (4 weeks roughly) began taking finasteride + Min. I used Min earlier, and I think it stabilized everything, but I stopped taking it after about 8 months, because I felt doomed anyways, and I didn't think it was a long term solution.

However, after reading the Rossi study, and for a variety of other reasons (friend having a positive experience), I have a bit more of a bullish (positive) sentiment on finasteride, and have decided to start on it.

Anyways, I was just wondering if:

1) where you would peg me on the norwood scale (my hairline has no visible signs of progression, when I told my friend on finasteride I was taking it he was like, what, your hair looks fine - then I showed him my crown). I realize I don't fall on the traditional scale.
2) How would you assess my progression in the last few years - mild, moderate, severe
2) if it is plausible, with existing treatments (including hair transplants, and concealers) that I can maintain something similar to baseline for the foreseeable future (10 years? 20 years?) I think in 15 years, something better then finasteride + Min will be available - right?

Any other thoughts?

Pereira

Established Member
Reaction score
1 - don't know. Diffuse thining beggining with crown? Is your dad bald?

2 - mild

3 - yes, you can maintain 10 years no problem. Don't know about the future..

transpconQ

My Regimen
Reaction score
1 - don't know. Diffuse thining beggining with crown? Is your dad bald?

2 - mild

3 - yes, you can maintain 10 years no problem. Don't know about the future..

Dad is not Bald mother's side is pretty bad

So what exactly does diffuse thinning mean, does this mean I am less likely to be a candidate for a hair transplant? I haven't really noticed a nythnning on my horse shoe.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
if it is plausible, with existing treatments (including hair transplants, and concealers) that I can maintain something similar to baseline for the foreseeable future (10 years? 20 years?) I think in 15 years, something better then finasteride + Min will be available - right?

Remain vigilant, and keep fighting the fight. A lot of uncertainty but since you're catching it early the odds are much more favorable

As far as future treatments, remain optimistic, things are looking positive, but don't take them as a given until they're actually available

rafiles

Established Member
Reaction score

You post this picture and ask Norwood 4,5 ...guys, if you are doomed. No you are not doomed.

You can test RU (if you don't want minoxidil)

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well the fact, you are diffuse thinner. You can jump some norwoods month after month. We dont see a hairline, so we cant put you in any Norwood.

If your hairline is pretty ok. You gonna regrow crown and maintain for like 10 years on finasteride. I never really seen a people failling on finasteride while loosing vertex. finasteride is really superior for diffuse thinners.

transpconQ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well the fact, you are diffuse thinner. You can jump some norwoods month after month. We dont see a hairline, so we cant put you in any Norwood.

If your hairline is pretty ok. You gonna regrow crown and maintain for like 10 years on finasteride. I never really seen a people failling on finasteride while loosing vertex. finasteride is really superior for diffuse thinners.

Fair enough. I don't think i'll fall too hard on the norwood scale. I noticed a lot of thinning when it first started coming out. But probably less in the last year to year and a half...so I don't think its accelerating.

Also I have less to lose. If I lose 10% of my hair a year, then that absolute number will fall with every year.