23 need advice / to take action! help?

these_roots

Reaction score
Hey guys, i have been lurking the forum for a while but its only now that i have come to the end of my tether regarding my hair.

Its been about a year since i realised it was thinning and receding quite a lot. I have always had thin temples above my ears but now my frontal hairline is similar. My hair was quite long but the hairs around the hairline wont grow, i have the effect of 'baby hair' around my hairline and its beginning to effect my mindset.

Attached are some pictures.

hair.jpghair2.jpghair3.jpghair4.jpg

but as you can see below, when washed etc the rest of my hair looks quite thick. but the front keeps getting thinner and doesn't seem to grow at all.

Alex_C copy.jpg

What are peoples thoughts? First stop GP appointment? I am based in England so i dont know if that effects what can be obtained on the NHS.

It may also be wise to add, that over the last year or so i have had quite a stressful time (death in family) which may be a factor?

Anyones opinions or help would be more than appreciated.

Thanks,
a

Da Crow

Established Member
Reaction score
Male-pattern baldness due to testosterone + 5a-reductase conversion to dihydrotestosterone and having hair genetics susceptible to being miniaturized by DHT.

You can take herbal dht inhibitors, or medications such as finasteride as well as get topicals such as castor oil, emu oil, minoxidil etc.