23, Pretty extreme hairloss over the last 6 years. Can I fix this?

Neilson

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I just recently found this forum after being fed up with how my hairline looks.

Ive spent the last couple hours just reading the faq, success stories and other posts.

I was hesitant to post, because from what Ive read and seen, it doesnt seem like I'll be able to save my hair.

But I figured I'd give it a go anyway.
(Btw, the black lines Ive drawn indicate where my hairline was before I started losing. As a child I always had a really high hairline, like a widows peak. My father is balding the same way as me, and my mother had a large widows peak.)

So any of you experts, do you think this can be fixed? If so, where should I start?

Aside from the very fast receding hairline, I have no other problems with my hair. For the most part it seems to be very thick, and I have no hair loss whatsover anywhere else on my head. My hair also grows extremely fast.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 232
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 259
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 242
  • image6.jpg
    image6.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 220
  • image7.jpg
    image7.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 238

Big_Cheese

Reaction score
Pretty extreme? Im 22 and I had less hair when I was 20, be thankful for what you've got
Anyway the usual, big3 etc.

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Based on the pictures provided, your hair looks very thick all over (except receding temples). If you have a family history of hair loss, it is quite possible that you will lose your hair as well and it would be wiser to start treatment as early as possible (minoxidil on hair line/temples and nizoral shampoo twice a week. I wouldn't worry about propecia for now). But it might be just mature hair line and have nothing to with male pattern baldness. When you say ' hair loss over the last 6 years', does it mean that you hair line has been going higher each year? Any thinning or miniaturisation of hair?
Any close up pictures of your hair line? and any other pictures 1 or 2 years back for comparison?

Neilson

Reaction score
Based on the pictures provided, your hair looks very thick all over (except receding temples). If you have a family history of hair loss, it is quite possible that you will lose your hair as well and it would be wiser to start treatment as early as possible (minoxidil on hair line/temples and nizoral shampoo twice a week. I wouldn't worry about propecia for now). But it might be just mature hair line and have nothing to with male pattern baldness. When you say ' hair loss over the last 6 years', does it mean that you hair line has been going higher each year? Any thinning or miniaturisation of hair?
Any close up pictures of your hair line? and any other pictures 1 or 2 years back for comparison?

Correct, my hair is very thick, I have no hair loss anywhere else. My father does have the same receding hairline though.

I dont have any pictures on hand of myself when I was younger. But my hairline has definitely gone higher since I was younger. Not by much, because I said, Ive always had a high hairline.

I took some more pictures. Theres maybe a little bit of miniaturization, but definitely thinning.

Attachments

• image9.jpg
    image9.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 186

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Correct, my hair is very thick, I have no hair loss anywhere else. My father does have the same receding hairline though.

I dont have any pictures on hand of myself when I was younger. But my hairline has definitely gone higher since I was younger. Not by much, because I said, Ive always had a high hairline.

I took some more pictures. Theres maybe a little bit of miniaturization, but definitely thinning.

To be honest, you hair line looks very thick to me in the new pictures and it is hard to tell if there is any thinning going on there! If I were you, I wouldn't use anything at all right now. just take pictures of your hair every month and compare them after 6 months or so. But having said that, I know your concern about your high temples is very real so go see a doctor!!! But if must, start with Minoxidil and Nizoral shampoo!