23, some hairloss, but normal DHT and T levels?

skip2mylou

Reaction score
So as the thread says, I went and talked to my doctor about my hairline and temples and got tested for Vit D, Testosterone, and DHT, which all came back perfectly normal.

My left temple has taken the biggest hit, my right is creeping as well. Hairline has receded over an inch, but my hair is very thick everywhere else, back,crown, sides, all good.

I'm not sure where to go as of now, I was kinda hoping they would find something wrong with me, so I can at least pinpoint a solution at myself, but nay...

Anyone have advice on what I should do at this point? If my DHT levels are normal, and I hop on finasteride, would that guarantee I get side effects from it?

rantanplang17

Established Member
Reaction score
The problem is not really the number of dht but it your follicule that are too sensitive to dht. Even if you have normal lvl of dht your follicule are too sensitive so you need to put down your dht lvl to the lowest

skip2mylou

Reaction score
Ah I see, thanks for that. Now I wish there was an effective topical for us so we wouldn't have to resort to nuking our bodies with finasteride.

I'll see if I can talk to my doctor to get me finasteride, but from what I've heard, doctors are pretty stingy about it. Especially if he sees my levels are normal, and doesn't have aton of experience with hairloss cases.

Thanks again.