23 year old (3 years on steroids)

Jayik1

Reaction score
hello everyone, so 3 years ago a had super thick hair and despite the fact that every guy on my mothers side of the family was bald I never even had a thought in my mind that it could happen to me. Began taking steroids when I was about 20 on and off (mostly on). Over the past few years I began buzzing my head down to a 1 which is when I first started to notice my hair line receding. I wasn't sure if it was just a naturally high hair line or if I was beginning to go bald. I knew balding was a potential consequence of using steroids but some stupid reason I still couldn't believe it could happen to me. Well as of a couple months ago I came to the end of one pretty heavy cycle and over the past month I witnessed my scalp completely transform and I've unfortunately roasted something I may have been able to hold on to for another 10 years if I Had not been so ignorant. I was obsessed with being big and the attention I got from using. Well here I am now getting a different kind of attention
"Dude your too young to be going bald"
Began using Walmart brand minoxidil about a month ago and haven't seen any changes yet. I want to get on finasteride but like most new guys I'm absolutely terrified and mostly concerned about fertility issues. I'm already married with one kid but i still want at least one more and I don't know if I should wait to begin finasteride. I still buzz my head and I'm completely ok with my looks having it this short. I would just like to thicken it up and at least keep it from going any farther. I know finasteride is the only productive route I'm just scared of what might happen.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Unlikely, the steroids didn't cause the hair loss, perhaps sped it up. That's all.
By the way baldness does not pass down strictly through the mothers side, you're pretty much 100 times more likely to be balding if your dad is bald. Dad's state of hair?

Jayik1

Reaction score
I know they don't cause it unless you're already pre disposed, they undoubtably fast forwarded me a good chunk of years though. My dad is 45 with a completely perfect thick head of hair