23 years old and thinning

Iwillnotloseit

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am 23 and have had thinning hair for about 3 years. My hair isn't really receding but more or less just keeps thinning. About a year ago I started rogaine 5 percent consistently day and night. I didn't really notice hair growth but it kept my hair without a single shed for about 11 months. I loved running my hands through my hair in the shower without seeing a single hair. At that point it was perfect cause my hair was and still is pretty good. But the last few months my hair has started to shed and thin a little more.

My aunt told me to use cider mother vinegar for your hair so I tried it for a few weeks and noticed my hair was thinner so I stopped right away. I still kept beginning to shed so I decided to purchase nizoral 1% 2x per week with my rogaine. After two weeks my hair is thinner than ever and and constantly losing hair like crazy. I know I can take finasteride but I'm just hesitant and trying to see if I can slow it down without using a drug. Should I stick with my current regimene and the shed will stop or should I stop it immediately. I love my hair and just wish it could stay the way it was the past year but it's getting a little to thin now. I also take biotin and saw palmetto every morning.

I uploaded two pics. One from three weeks ago before nizoral treatment. And one from today.

Before:
http://tinypic.com/r/nqcw12/8

after:
http://tinypic.com/r/zklg1k/8

by the way the right side of my head was always thinner than the right. But now the left is catching up after the nizoral.

Bad

Established Member
Reaction score
Start finasteride. minoxidil is not going to slow it down. Good luck.

ps: Why do you think nizoral made it worse?

Iwillnotloseit

Reaction score
Start finasteride. minoxidil is not going to slow it down. Good luck.

ps: Why do you think nizoral made it worse?

Well I saw I had a lot of dandruff in my hair so I thought it would be killing two birds with one stone. I hear it's good for hair growth and dandruff but after 2.5 weeks my hair has considerably thinned and shedded.

0-100realquick

Established Member
Reaction score
Finasteride is your best bet to keep what you have and possibly regrow what you recently lost. Go get a presciption from a doctor and buy generic brand finasteride.