23 years old, What's going on with my hair?

jackpowers

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm 23 years old, and I have always had very thick, straight black hair (I am half filipino, half white).

Around a year ago, I stopped washing it with shampoo because I rinsed it several times a day, and it stopped getting oily, and finally had some texture to it.
I noticed my hair was drier and more wirey and I was actually very happy about that, because it used to lie very limp on my head.
However, about 3 months ago during an extremely stressful two week period, I started noticing in my bathroom mirror that my hair was thinning on the top, a lot.

Now it has been three months, and I still have a pretty stressful life, with an erratic sleeping and eating schedule. I am just now getting stability in my sleep patterns, and I'm just about to start having a regular, healthy diet, and will begin working out again/ managing my stress better (wasn't even eating enough to be able to work out before.)

I'd really appreciate your insight on this! I am worried about my hair, and would like to know what you guys think it is, and what I should do. Thanks!

I'll post some pictures here.

photo 1.jpgphoto 5.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 4.jpg

headless

Established Member
Reaction score
It doesn't really look like male pattern baldness (Male Pattern Baldness) but you do seem to have some diffuse thinning, which can be caused by severe stress. Go see a doctor or a dermatologist ..

jackpowers

Reaction score
It doesn't really look like male pattern baldness (Male Pattern Baldness) but you do seem to have some diffuse thinning, which can be caused by severe stress. Go see a doctor or a dermatologist ..

Thanks for the reply! Hopefully things turn around with my money and insurance, and I can do that soon haha