24 m hairloss for six years

Jmoney

Reaction score
Hey folks.

I started losing my hair when I was 18.
I did nothing about it, and hoped it would go by itself....

I lost more and more hair, which stressed me out, and I had to do something about it.

I didn't want to try all sorts of "miracle" cures so I started on finasteride and minoxidil 5% which is the only thing I heard good things about.

I have been using it for 2 month now.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    575.6 KB · Views: 459
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 421
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 386
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 382
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 390
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 384
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 378
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    165.1 KB · Views: 397

lickawrist

Established Member
Reaction score
Ypu're smart for going straight to finasteride and minoxidil. I'm certain you're crown will fill in if you continue your regimen, how much finasteride do you take.

Jmoney

Reaction score
I do hope so! I think the result is fine from only using finasteride and minoxidil for 2 month.
I take 1 mg. a day and use minoxidil once a day. don't know if should use minoxidil twice a day?

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably won't make much of a difference between once or twice a day, if twice is convenient and cost efficient for you then I would just do it twice. Just continue your regimen and hope for the best.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
When you do a half dose, your cutting the dosage in half.

Unless you use twice as much during that one dose, which is what I do. Then you are not cutting your dosage in half, it's the same dosage as doing it twice at the normal amount.

Actually I use a little more than twice the normal dosage and really saturate my scalp with it. Once a day, 4-5ml. Very effective!!

Of course, though, you have to make sure that you are getting the minoxidil on the scalp and not all over your hair. With skillful use of the liquid form of it, it's definitely doable with practice. With the foam I think it probably isn't.

Jmoney

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice
I don't just use 1ml minoxidil a day, I have mixed minoxidil with a special formula from a hairclinic and use about 6 ml once a day.

Jmoney

Reaction score
Little update 3 month in. Getting new hair in temple area and back area. Have been shedding quite a bit the last month. Have no side effects using finasteride / minoxidil.
IMG_2656.JPG
IMG_2657.JPG
IMG_2658.JPG
IMG_2659.JPG