24 with diffuse hair loss (6 yrs) .. currently on finpecia on minoxidil 5%( 4 months)

desparado

Reaction score
Hi,

My hair loss started when i was 18... diffuse thinning with perfectly intact hairline and my thinning is severe at the vertex. people can never say i'm balding since i have a good hair line... i like to keep it short.. 5 months before i decided to start on treatments. Visited a derm ,after an blood work.. i came to know i have very low ferritin levels(8%) i did have a very poor diet wen i was 18. after iron supplements and 3 months my ferritin levels rose up to 79 %. I have been on finpecia and minoxidil for 4 months .. dint see much results though. I had severe dandruff but i have been using vichy decros shampoo which has reduced that prob as well.Every time i shampoo i get 15 + hairs.. when i comb and run through my hair with fingers 6 + hairs. so, after 4 months i have no improvement , that does mean i am not good responder to both minoxidil and finasteride??
family history:
1.my brother has same type of hair loss(perfect hairline).. even my dad..
2.my granddad has same type of hair loss (perfect hairline)
3.my uncles have typical male pattern baldness style hair loss.

my regimen:
1.finasteride 1mg.
2.minoxidil 5%.(usually at nights 2ml) since i have more area to cover.
3.iron supplements
4.zinc,biotin and vitamins

i couln't able to upload.. it throws an error...i cant figure out the prob.

Attachments

• IMAG0609.jpg
    IMAG0609.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 18,773

Lead Farmer

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey,
It looks like you have caught your hairloss in it's early stages. I suggest continuing with your regimen but an absolute must for you is nizoral. This will not only completely clear up your dandruff problem but also help with your hairloss. Go and get some Nizoral 2% and follow the directions on the bottle.

4 months is a short period to start seeing results, a lot of people don't notice results from finasteride until the 12 month mark (sometimes even later). Results from minoxidil are commonly around the 6 month mark but in many cases it can take longer. Give everything at least 12 months.

If you find after 12 months your hairloss has not stabilised and/or improved then you still have a few more options.

desparado

Reaction score
Lead farmer,
Thanks for ur reply .. i wil add nizoral to my regimen.. i hope something happens.. fingers crossed :).. i will update the pics on monthly basis just to keep track of the progress :)

desparado

Reaction score
johnnyBbald,
sure :) .. i am in india, so getting finpecia is not a big deal here. every pharmacy has it. 30 tab will cost around 49 rs.(1US$):)

- - - Updated - - -

IMAG0801.jpg

This pic is taken today...First pic was taken in may.. Maybe my hair has grown an inch or two.. No dandruff, no itching.. 135 days(give or take) on finpecia and minoxidil.

trends_to_infinity

Reaction score
Good Luck Buddy. I wish I had that much of hair .. :) Did you get the Nizoral Shampoo. What ae the brands that you are using for minoxidil, Nizoral and Finasteride in India.

desparado

Reaction score
Finasteride-FInpecia
Minoxidil-MINtop
NIzoral-it comes with the brand name "NIzoral" here... 1%

changed my mintop to 10%.. added jojoba oil to my regimen.. there are claims it reduces sebum production...just giving it a try :)

desparado

Reaction score
hmmm... after two weeks on nizoral.. i use it 3x a week, other days normal shampoo.. i used to shampoo every alternate days and i would lose around to 5-10 hairs... now i lose around approx 20 hairs.. i am not sure whether its cuz of nizoral or cuz of daily washing of my hair tho... i'm not sure... being 24 and worrying about losing hair is really depressing sometimes.. i still enjoy my life(ppl couldn't notice my hair loss)butthey are starting to now... i have to get prepared for my future without hair.. ppl say wait it out.. "5 months you aint gonna see any results".. if i was good a responder.. i would have had some results now.. i dont think you can stop your hairloss... can you?? if it can cure your hairloss... most of the balding celebrities would have stopped their hairloss years ago.. but they still do lose their hair.. don;t they?? i'm from india... people here have thick hair in their twenties.. its very difficult to spot a bald man in his twenties here... and i'm going to be one of those weird 20 something bald guy.. that too diffuse thinner with perfect hairline( weird:thumbdown2:) diffuse thinning looks like **** when you dont have enough coverage... this is me out of frustration... and to end my note.. hair really is imp... no matter what others say.. it makes you to lose ur confidence... i envy the guys who has head full of hair.. to them its nothing.. but to me this is a life long battle...:salut:

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
if you just maintain then you will be fine

your hair loss IS BARELY NOTICEABLE

if you are REALLY paranoid then just sprinkle some concealer, just one pinch would do you very well i think