24 y/o My story, aggresive hair loss.

8_ball

Reaction score
Dear community of hairlosstalk,
I'm a 24 y/o guy that have been losing her hair since I was 18, I think that I am a norwood 5 or 6, in my family the only bald man is my grandfather on my mother's side. He is a norwood 7 and I think that I'm going to be that in the future because of my baldness pattern.

I used to have long hair to hide my hairloss and my receding hairline, one day I decided to cut my hair very short and accept that I was going bald. The worst was when my friends saw me and the comments: you are going bald, I thought that you had more hair, you look older...
Nowadays I have ups and downs and I heard almost everything that I look almost 10 year older of what I am, that being bald at my age is not normal...
Even in my job my boss called me to ask me why I shave my head. I explained to him that I have alopecia but despite this he said me that I don't look good with my hair shaved. He must think that is an option or something, I think that some people simply don't understand.

Having said this I have to say that I'm still working in the same place and I continue shaving my head.

These are images of my actual hair:

Also now I'm wondering if I may have DUPA because I have thin hair spots in my sides.

Some days I think about starting treatment, other days I think that is my fate and that I need to accept it because I'm going to get bald at the end. My family say to me that some people have not born to have hair and that I look good with my head shaved. This hurt me in some way but I think is true.

Last edited:

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Big 3. minoxidil, finasteride, Nizoral. See what that does in 1-2 years for you.

You can get a transplant but you may not get a good head of hair. Difficult to tell as it's so buzzed down. But it seems the problem is mainly at the front? Might be possible but if you have DUPA, then transplants are not possible I think.

What about a hair system?

24 years old? Damn. Sorry to see this. Sometimes this forum depresses the hell out of me.

8_ball

Reaction score
Yes 24 years old and I'm like that, I have won the genetic lottery.

I think that a hair transplant is not the best option for me. I'm very young with an advanced alopecia, if I were a surgeon I wouldn't accept my case.
Also I thought about a hair system but I'm not sure about it but I'm a little paranoid about being discovered.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no harm in trying all the options, what do you have to lose? Get on medications for a start, they are pretty cheap. After that see where you are in 1 year. A surgeon might still be able to do something so there is no harm in seeing them, once you have some money too. Okay it might not be full hair but you may still be a little happier. It depends though.

If having thin hair all over makes you feel ill then a transplant may not be good. You could keep it very short though. Or resort to shaving/wig.

Point is, you need to start taking control of this situation. It does suck but you need to do some soul searching and some proper research, you need to know what you can do and also what you want. I strongly advice you to see a reputable surgeon just so you know where you stand, many will offer free consultations.

Systems are very good now but yes there is that psychological issue. But think about it, in a moments time all your worries are gone. If you really hate male pattern baldness it might be the only way.

alex85

Established Member
Reaction score
Second pic, this is bald spot or just lightlning? Sadly, but big3 is unable to restore your hairline from that state=( But you are very good hair transplant candidate.

8_ball

Reaction score
Thanks for comment, in the second pic all the area has the same amount of hair, is very thin but the light makes it worst.
I know that he big 3 are not going to restore my hairline but maybe they do something, not to have a decent amount of hair but maybe enough to look better with short hair or shaved.
Also I think that I appreciate your advice but like I said, I think that I'm not a good candidate for a hair transplant, only a good surgeon can answer to this but is my impression.

Sometimes is depressing to talk about this because you feel like everything is lost and you are trying to fix something that can't be fixed. Also is frustrating that in the year 2015 nobody has discovered a cure or a best tratment for baldness.

alex85

Established Member
Reaction score
Almost any male pattern baldness sufferer should try finasteride. You lose nothing. If it works, nice, if it does not - okay, you've tried. You can also drop it, if you got severe sides, but they are rare.
Your very best option to restore your hair up to "ok" condition is finasteride+hair transplant.

privatealex

Reaction score
the good thing is you rock this look,your head shape is oval so you can support it
i think at your stage you shouldnt consider finasteride-mino and wait for a hair transplant if you really want your hair back

good luck to you mate

hanz123

Reaction score
Hair loss

Hey man,

Try adding RU58841, neogenics, and lipogaine to ur regiment. If money isn't the issue, try getting on CB 03-01, I heard it drastically reduces hair fall