24 years need an advice

Haveapurpose

Reaction score
hi all,im following this forum for a while and read alot of information so thank you all.
im 24 years old and at the last year i started to lose hair. at 23 years old (october 2014) i start to hairstyle my hair with hairdryer and some gel and wax,and it was pretty good. some months later i didnt notice any shedding but i lost some hair in my right temple but i didnt realy care about it because i take my hair to the right side so its cover it. and then after 1 year at oct 2015 i saw a bald spot on my lef temple and i started to shedding alot and now that's a problem. i didnt realy know what to do so first i go to the doctor and he gave me to do some checks. everything was good except my b12 that was low(270) - the lowest is 220 and the higher 900. the doctor said that i need to take vitamin b12 but its not the problem and i need to start take minoxidil and propesia and give me a discription. i never take something without check it and i started to check any information about hairloss and i saw the side affect of propecia and and minoxidil that doesnt work for the long term so i decide just to but shampoo without SLS and stay with the b12. now 5 month after and i dont see any improvment and i think it just became more worst.
so i have some question before i start minoxidil and finasteride:
a. rogain foam is good for the long term?
b. can i put rogain once a day and it still be effective?
c. may i use rogain for a while and then add finasteride or start with both of them ?
d. im afriad from finasteride side effect so may i cut the pill into 2 pieces and take 0.5 a day instead of 1mg to avoid side affect?

sometihng i didnt mentioned is that my father isnt bald and he's 60 years old and only at the last 3 years he got a little biggers temple.
my brother is 27 years and he got a great hair( he does hairstyling almost everyday )..
my 2 grandfathers are bald. all my father brothers are bald and he isnt..my mother brother isnt ball but dont got alot of hair...
and i always had an low b12 i think i have problem with my stomach. maybe someone heard about helicobator ? and the connection between helicobactor and hairloss? i read something about it and low b12 is one of the stymptoms

i will be happy for some advice. good day guys

Fall

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

I believe there will be a lot of different opinions and thus answers for you questions. I will just present my answers:

a. rogain foam is good for the long term?

Long term only. It is very likely that you will lose some results after you stop using minoxidil so you will have to take it long term once you start with it.

b. can i put rogain once a day and it still be effective?

I believe there should be still be an effect when doing that.

c. may i use rogain for a while and then add finasteride or start with both of them ?

You can start with both at once but it would be easier to see which one of the drugs work better for you if you would only take one of them for the first 6-9 months or so. If you can not see anything after 9 month of treatment with finasteride or minoxidil you should consider not taking it any longer.

d. im afriad from finasteride side effect so may i cut the pill into 2 pieces and take 0.5 a day instead of 1mg to

Common practice.
There are plenty of users who also report results with 0.25 dosage. I would go ahead with this. I started with 0.25 to see if there are any side effects and then switched to the full dosage after a few months

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
A. Well it can keep your hair above baseline levels for quite some time, depending on how you respond. I would argue that 2-3 years seem to be average timeline before people fall back to baseline if if they respond to it. Obviously depending on the individual it might be even longer but that is quite rare, besides that it depends on how aggressive someone his hair loss etc. Ideally besides minoxidil you want something that counteracts the androgen receptor or androgens itself. So for example finasteride.

B. Yes, perfectly fine.

C. Doesn't matter. What you need to understand however is that minoxidil doesn't work for everyone. In fact many people don't respond well to the medication. Therefore I would suggest to not start them at the same time to see what benefit minoxidil brings to you. If it doesn't bring any benefit you might just as well drop it. On the other hand you might be a guy that responds extremely well.

D. Perfectly fine, whatever eases your mind man :).

Haveapurpose

Reaction score
1 week in the treatment of rogain foam once a day.
i dont see any improvment but i dont look for one at this short time,
and i dont know if it's psychology but i feel my hair get stronger at the areas i put the rogain.
i want to add nizoral shampoo to the reigem and gelatin capsules 2mg per day.

Haveapurpose

Reaction score
wtf man? if i will use finasteride i will have to use it forevert too..
every treatment is like this...rogain is not different from any other treatment.