24 years old and worried (Perhaps unreasonably?)

Wangan

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm 24, and I live in Toronto.

Last year while living in Japan, I started to notice that my hair was thinning in spots near my temples. I figured at first that it was likely just a maturing hairline, so I thought nothing of it. I also found that when I woke up in the morning there was at most, 5 or 6 hairs on my pillow. Certainly nothing to be concerned of, right?

However, this year, I have noticed a drastic change. My hair has thinned dramatically on the left temple (where I usually rest my head to sleep) and where as my hair was thinning at the higher edges of my temples last year, I now see that I only have about 100-200 hairs where I used to have quite a lot more on each side. Not to mention, the part from my left temple is 'growing' in size, where it used to be very tightly spaced. I've always had a pretty high hairline, but only now is it starting to worry me.

For MBP, I really have nothing to go by besides the fact that my father is completely bald (minus the temples). That being said, he is also 5'4 and I am 6 feet tall. My mother (whom is 5'7) has beautiful hair, even at 63, and she never met her dad, so she has no way of letting me know if he was bald or not. I'm hoping I caught most of her hair genes. On my fathers side, neither of my grandparents were bald. I am worried however, since it feels dramatically different than it did even 5 years ago.

In this post, I'm including a small video I made to display how my hair is now, along with a photo of myself from just 4 years ago to show you how drastically it has changed.

I don't wish to go to a doctor to seek treatment unless it's absolutely necessary, so any feedback or knowledge of what I may be experiencing would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps I'm just going crazy, and there's no difference at all.

My first picture is from when I was 21, and the second and third, from when I was 19 with the third picture having my dad next to me (he had cut his lip in a car accident a week before the photo).

1pic.jpg2pic.jpgdad.jpg

Thanks and Regards.

[video=youtube;qjIH5Id0U3g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjIH5Id0U3g[/video]

Wangan

Reaction score
Just wanted to update this with some really clear photos, as it has gotten especially worse over the past month.

If anyone has any helpful advice, it would be greatly appreciated. As you can see, on my left side, it's receeding and thinning a lot. On my right side, almost not at all. The top of the back of my head also (to me) feels thinner, but there is no noticable loss... yet.

Is there any way to reverse this, or correct it before it gets worse? I'm already feeling variants of thickness in terms of patches on my head, and I'm worried it might be something non-male pattern baldness related as I don't eat a lot of vegetables, and the aforementioned patches frighten me.

Thanks.

DSC_0019.jpgDSC_0022.jpg